Japaneese Restaurant Birmingham AL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking for a good and reasonable Japaneese restaurant in the Birmingham area. Very familiar with the Styx/Shogun/Kobe franchise places,but want something a little different. We don't have to have anyone cook in front of us...just want japaneese cuisine. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 04:45 AM
bamakelly

Sakura is a place in 5 points. It is on 20th Street, just past the 5 points fountain, a few doors down from the Mill. I've never had their entrees but I have eaten sushi there many times, as it's my favorite sushi place in Bham. The crowd can be a little strange late night and on weekends, but normal dining hours should be fine. It's well known by those who like real Japanese food in Bham. Not a cook-in-front of you kind of place, much different from the Kobe/Styx variety.

Old Jul 12th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

thanks bamakelly..i thought you might have an idea. We dont' dislike the chain japaneese rest. in bham...but they seem to be more expensive because they come with the "show". I always love the ginger salad dressings and japaneese entrees an some sushi...glad to hear there is an alternate place to go. Where in Bham do you live?
Old Jul 12th, 2005, 06:34 PM
bamakelly

The salad dressing at Sakura is the BEST! I could drink it straight.

I used to live in Homewood, but I don't live in Bham anymore; I lived there for about 10 years before moving about 3 years ago. I still go there all the time, though, because all of our family is there and we only live a little over an hour away now.

Have fun at Sakura!

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

wow!! I like the sound of the salad dressing. We may have to go this weekend. Thanks for the tip!