Search

Bube's Brewery, Mt Joy PA

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bube's Brewery, Mt Joy PA

Hello,

Planning a weekend in Lancaster and considering a dinner at Bube's Brewery. I know that they have a few restaurants on site, but am most interested in the Catacombs or the Bottling Works.
Has anyone been there recently? How's the food, ambiance, service? I also heard they have live entertainment on the weekends (at Bottling Works). Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:31 AM

Your choice of restaurants will probably depend on your personal taste/mood for that day.

The Bottling Works is pretty much a typical pub with typical pub food. The food's very good...nothing fantastic, but good for pub fare. The atmosphere is nice...again, your average pub, but a little cooler b/c of the old stone walls/bottles in the walls. Service has always been great when we were there.

I've never eaten in the Catacombs, but I have toured it. I've heard the food is a little better than the Bottling Works though. The atmosphere is really cool down there. You're truly in the catacombs of this old building. If you get a table in one of the little 'caves', I imagine that would be nice.

Also, stop in the martini bar for a drink before or after dinner. They have an amazing martini menu.

Hope this helps!
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:24 PM

I had dinner in the Catacombs a few years ago, and it was good. Not great, but good, and we had a very enjoyable evening. The service was excellent and the surroundings are, in a word, cool.
Old May 17th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both.
I'm trying to schedule a dinner at a good place, and Bube's Brewery sounded interesting.
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:36 AM

A few miles away in Marietta, there is a French place called Josephine's - It's not too dressy but very nice and rather authentic French food. There is also a restaurant in a farm house a few miles away called Meritage - American food. I would vote for both of these before Bube's. Just stop by for a drink when a band is there on a week-end.