Is it possible to get Red Sox tickets?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DH says it is almost impossible to get tickets to Fenway Park anymore. Is that true? If we can get them, how do we go about that? We have not decided where to go this summer yet, and I was telling H that Boston and seeing Fenway before they build a new park is the way to go. But, could we get tickets??? Thanks.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 09:53 AM

MAny tickets are being sold on Ebay.

Just use caution.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 10:50 AM

That depends on the game but generally speaking, your husband is on track. I've been tracking ebay and so far it's been ridiculously expensive but if you've never been before, just drop a couple hundred for tickets and enjoy the experience. Consider Yankee games out of the question but if Tampa Bay is in town you might luck out.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 11:38 AM

An alternative way to see Fenway Park is to take its hour tour, which are offered in the mornings. The cost is around $9-10.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
gc

If the goal is to see Fenway, eBay is probably the way to go.

Another alternative is to catch a Sox - Yanks game at Yankee Stadium. You have a much better chance of getting seats, and the rivalry is just as good in the Bronx!
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Well, if we go to FENWAY, DH would absolutely HAVE to see a game, or two, in FENWAY.

Especially after our Yankee Stadium debacle. We are probably the only family that have crossed the country to see a Yankee game, sat four hours in the stadium and never saw any play. Rained out. We had 15 relatives from CT join us, but no game. We finally left to go back to our hotel in Queens at 11 pm, only to get there and find out they did play and didn't finish the game until 2:30 in the am.

So, ya, we gotta go and see the Red Sox play in Fenway. My DH is a baseball freak, if you know what I mean. I have been to Fenway many times with my uncles. Even saw a grand slam in the park and didn't know it, was too busy watching the crowd, which is almost as entertaining as the players.

Anyway, just gotta see a game in Fenway. Help.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:43 PM

Once you know the dates, check Ebay for seats.

Many people seem to get tickets just for resale...some are reasonably priced.

Remember, if the game is rained out, you may be stuck if you won't be in town for the rain date.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:44 PM

have you tried redsox.com? You can buy tickets directly through their websitel I just looked and some games are wide open in terms of selection- others have only $70 lodge seats available. I have never ever gone to a game and not had scalpers offer me tickets on the walk from Kenmore square to the Park. Now if you wanted Yankees tickts or know who might be pitching in a particular game that's a different story!
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:56 PM

I just check the official Red Sox site and there are some seats available..though for some games there may only be singles.

I don't think that Green Monster seats have been released yet. They have just about doubled in price(from $50 last year to $90-110 this year)

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...bos&m=4&y=2004

Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 12:59 PM

If you have money, it's always possible. Obviously, try online beforehand. If you have no luck there, just show up, walk around the park on the day of the game, and talk to people and scalpers.
I tried to get tickets to a Yankees game that way and I think the lowest were around $100? We declined (I don't even like baseball) so I don't really remember the prices.
I was in Chicago a couple months earlier and wouldn't ya know, the Yankees were at Wrigley, but we got $20 tickets for that one.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:01 PM
gc

Sorry heavens...didn't mean to scratch a wound...8^).

There is nothing like a game at Fenway.
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
gc

Loads of tickets...

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/...bos&m=4&y=2004

There's no place like Fenway...
Old Mar 23rd, 2004, 01:35 PM

There are tickets available at redsox.com in less than ideal locations for non-competitive opponents - but not a lot of them. But you would need to act quickly.

Ticket brokers will have seats - and the mark-up will not be horrible for the same less desirable games. Forget Yankees, etc. - these were not really ever available for single games sales - virtually all went to season holders and as part of multi-game packs (I have tickets to 2 different Yankees games and I am just a regular person who bought them on-line as part of 4-game packs the day they went on sale)

As far as Monster Seats - there was a registration lottery for the privilege of buying seats - "winners" not announced yet.

While Fenway is historic, and baseball fans should try to see a game there, for creature-comforts it is poor. Does not seem like new owners will be building a new ballpark in the near future - so you have other years to visit.
Old Mar 25th, 2004, 09:34 AM

I signed up for various discounts at workingadvantage.com and while I've not made any purchases thru them, I did receive email today from them hawking Sox tix (vs Rangers July 10 and vs Det Tigers Aug 28) for $46 and promises to get more tix in the future for various events.