Reload this Page >

Inns in White Mountains

Search

Inns in White Mountains

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:46 AM
J

Inns in White Mountains

With everyone's great help, I am finalizing the itinerary for New England trip in October. Plan to leave from Providence, drive to Springfield to BB Hall of Fame, drive to Litchfield to see the area, head north to Vermont and NH, staying in White Mountains, and then heading south along coast to Boston and Chatham, staying at Captain's House Inn. Need help with lodging in White Mountains.....Snowvillage Inn, Eastman Inn, and Green Granite Inn in N Conway all considerations. Like to keep the cost down but want something comfortable and nice. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:05 AM
BTilke

We stayed in the Snowvillage Inn on our honeymoon (in October '87) and several times since then. However, it now has different owners, so I don't know if things have changed much. Nonetheless, you should still find all the rooms very comfortable, the views unbeatable, and the peace and quiet a welcome respite from the tour buses and crowds in N. Conway. It's definitely not a cheap place to stay, though. I'm guessing you've already looked at their web site, but if not, it's www.snowvillageinn.com
BTilke (P.S. The name doesn't have anything to do with the weather; it refers to all the people with Snow as a last name who settled the area and thus named the village).

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:23 AM
J

Thanks BTilke:
Snow Village Inn looks great, but frankly, would rather find a place not quite so expensive. Since you've been to the area several times, have you heard any good comments about other more reasonable places?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:32 AM
sandra

make sure you eat at the Wildcat Tavern in Jackson...wonderful...SSS

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 10:36 AM
gc

J,

We've stayed at the Eagle Mountain House, New England Inn and Christmas Farm Inn. All good.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 04:46 AM
gc

J,

We've stayed at the Eagle Mountain House, New England Inn and Christmas Farm Inn. All good.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:50 AM
J

Re: Eagle Mountain Farm, Christmas Tree Farm, etc......Any Preference????
Thanks, J

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:51 AM
J

Regarding the previous message.....got the names mixed up, but you know what I mean......too early in the morning!!!!!!

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 05:59 AM
gc

Eagle Mountain House is an old, restored large hotel...it's a condo hotel now...large, nice rooms...big fireplace in the main hall.

Christmas Farm and New England Inn are owned by the same people, I believe. CFI is smaller and more intimate, NEI is larger with more facilities (tennis, conference center.

If I were going, I'd probably choose NEI...just cuz I haven't been there for a while, and have fond memories of the place. They all have web sites...do a google search.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 06:55 AM
gc

J,
I assume you're travelling in foliage time. Be mindful that it will be crowded in many areas. Another thought is to consider the Woodstock Inn just south of Franconia Notch. No outlets, fewer people.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 04:53 PM
molly

J, The Green Granite Inn is fine,clean and comfortable, but is really a hotel. It doesn't have the atmosphere of a country inn,and is located in a less than charming area in North Conway.
The White Mountains is a very scenic area. Enjoy! molly