Inn Season Resort - Lincoln,NH

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody stayed here? We're staying at Pollard Brook. I just booked four nights here. I've seen brochures and the website look good. It's supposed to be a 5* resort. Any input???? Also, any restaurant recommendations? I will check chowhounds.

Thanks.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 05:55 AM

We've taken the condo sales tour at Pollard Brook just to get the free dinner (we live in NH). What we saw looked ok if you like resorty - time share places. It's on the main highway thru Lincoln, so there are lots of stores, restaurants, etc nearby. Lincoln is quite built up for a rural area - not quaint New Hampshire. However, just a short drive down the highway and you are in the wilds of the Kancamagus - very beautiful and scenic, with lots of hiking, picnic areas, waterfalls, and moose! The adjoining town of Woodstock is interesting, with some funky shops, and a good pub restaurant called Truant's.
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 07:00 AM
mm

Truant's can be smoky but there is a nice selection of beers.

Just up the street from Truant's is the Woodstock Inn which is a nice restaurant and Woodstock Station which is their casual brew-pub place. Good ales.

There is a Common Man restaurant in Lincoln which is very good. Many other good dining spots up the highway in Littleton. Recommend Italian Oasis on Main St.

Also in Littleton is a candy store with what they tote as the longest candy counter in the country. Forget it's name but everyone knows of it.

mm
Old Jul 14th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. I have heard about the Woodstock Inn. We'll check things out. And the candy counter!
Old Jul 30th, 2005, 06:09 AM

I stayed at Pollard Brook for a couple days back in April. I don't think it deserves the 5* rating. The carpeting was filthy in our otherwise accomodating quarters which was a 3 bedroom unit. It's a very pretty area with some interesting shops. The Woodstock Inn was very nice, as well as the Common Man. I don't think I would ever invest in Pollard as a time share, but I hope you enjoy your stay.
Old Dec 31st, 2005, 02:11 PM

Although we did not actually stay at the resort, we did visit it as part of a "vacation spot" (It ended up being a timeshare. I was contacted the day before and told that I and my wife had won 4 free airline tickets to anywhere in the country. We could use it for 2 vacations in the next 2 years, but we would have to pay for our own hotel. That was fine with me. They asked if we culd come up to Lincoln and see their resort, and go on a 90-minute tour. We could bring our swimsuits and have VIP passes for the day at the resort, and they would buy us lunch at Fratellos, which is next door. I called my wife and told her that we were going on a "mini-vacation" in the white mountains tomorrow (Saturday).
The next morning, we drove two hours to arrive at the resort at 10am. After being checked in, we were taken to one of their other properties about a half mile away. It was beutiful when we walked in, looked very professional, and there was a roaring fire in a large fireplace.
We sat down with the representative, who was very pleasant, and she quickly went over the prizes we would recieve for coming out to their resort. Apparently, it turns out that we can only use the 4 airline tickets if we book a stay at a resort that they are partners with. This immediately sounded like an expensive proposition. My wife asked to see a price list for the resorts that would be in California, prior to the presentation, to make sure it was even something we could use. The representative told us that she would be right back and disappeared. Within 2 minutes, a management looking gentleman sat down with us. I told him that I was concerned that I was told one thing on the phone, and another when I arrived. He asked us to stop being upset at them, and that they were just representatives, and to not take it out on them. We weren't yelling or anything, so I'm not really sure where that came from. He said "I don't want to do this here, would you mind stepping into our office". We did, they closed the door. We sat down for about a minute and started talking. My wife mentioned that she was an Attorney and that these were the types of questions she asks before getting involved in something. There was a knock at the door. It was disregarded and we kept talking. Basically, we were concerned that we wasted 4 hours of our day driving, and lots of gas, to arrive for this "gift" that we would end up paying for. Suddenly, an older looking man busted into the room. He said,"get them out of here." I thought he was talking about the two gentlemen we were talking with. Apparently, he was talking to us. He said "I'm sick of fighting with people - leave. Get out." and when we turned to leave, he said "don't let the door hit you in the __ on the way out." I was mad at this point, but I didn't say anything because I can appreciate that the man has a business, and I didn't want to disrupt that either. Although I felt wronged, I would have been happy with just getting $20 in gas money for all the fuel we used. Anyways, we went back to the south mountain resort, where we checked in, and told the woman who checked us in what happened. I heard her cell phone ring, and she picked it up. I heard "Uh-huh" and then she said "too-late". Moments later, she said "I have the project manager, Kevin Curran on the phone. He wants to speak with you." I said hello. He said "we want you to leave. If you don't leave within the next 5 minutes, we are going to call the police." Then he said " And you need to put any future correspondence with us in writing...And you said you have a lawyer... we have lawyers too. I asked him for a correspondence address and contact name. He responded "Hit the bricks". He continued with "thousands of people come through here every year and 10-12 of them act like you. Leave." I hung up with him and asked her who that was, and who his boss was. She said "He's the project manager. He's also the owner." We left. I couldn't believe what had happened. I'm an engineer by trade, very involved with my community. My wife is an Attorney. We are professional people. This company is obviously not. They lied to us, and then made us feel like we wronged them. I think its because we figured their game out, and that upset them. I just wanted to be treated honestly. That's apparently too much to ask from this company. I guess I just want everyone to know what our actual story was, and so they know the personalities they are dealing with and supporting if they chose to stay at inn-season. Thanks for your time.