vermont help

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vermont help

My boyfriend and I are planning an October trip to Vermont and could use some advice. Looking for a great small town with nice B&B, resort, or inn -- prefer something in town, but convenient to countryside. Any advice?
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 04:43 PM

Edsen Hill Manor, Stowe, VT. Comes with fireplaces in the rooms, an excellent small restaurant with great wine list, cozy bar with fireplace...right off the trails for hiking or cross country skiing.

We've returned to Edsen Hill every year for the past 6 years to celebrate my husband's birthday and we've found it to be simply dreamy.
Old Aug 11th, 2004, 07:20 PM

I have family in Vermont, so usually I just stay with them. I have stayed a few other places over the years though. The Brandon Inn is a great place to stay, with a lot of history behind it. It's sort of in the west-central part of Vermont - relatively close to Rutland. The town of Brandon itself is scenic but small. You might run out of things to do nearby, but I suppose you could always drive an hour south and hit the outlets in Manchester if you get desperate.

X out.

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 07:23 PM

take a look at the Kedron Valley Inn in South Woodstock, Vermont.
Old Aug 12th, 2004, 05:33 AM
bm

I like Person_X's suggestion for Brandon. I've never stayed at the Inn, but can vouch for the town. The downtown has undergone a rennasaince of sorts over the past few years. Warren Kimball moved his gallery there, lots of new shops, and a new restaurant just opened called Cafe Provence which I've heard is wonderful. The chef is a "professor" at the New England Culinary Institute.
Another town to try would be Middlebury. Try the Middlebury Inn or the Swift House Inn. Great town. Nice shops & restaurants, and beautiful scenery. Keep in mind that wherever you go in Vermont you are not far from the "countryside".
Another thing to keep in mind is that October is our busiest month for tourism, and many places get booked way in advance, especially for weekends, so I'd secure your accommodations ASAP!
Have a great trip!