Fall trip to New England

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Mardell

Fall trip to New England

Any suggestions on must-sees and/or hotels/inns in VT, NH, or ME?

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:16 AM
t

I think you will have to do some homework on your own first.That is too big a question.
Try using the text search box first.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 09:44 AM
mm

Begin with looking at B&B's in the White Mountain region of NH. The Kancamagus Highway (Rt 112)is listed as one of the best scenic drives in the country.

Check the Mt. Washington Hotels.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Tess

Just got back from my second stay at the Colby Hill Inn --- was up there a couple days for my niece's high school graduation in a neighboring town.

Colby Hill Inn is in Henniker, New Hampshire; SMALL village with only one blinking light in center of town. Colby Hill Inn was built in the 1800's and retains much of it's original charm (warped wooden floorboards and all). It's a wonderful bed & breakfast. All the rooms are unique. I'd recommend room #3, upstairs with a fireplace. The restaurant at the Inn is top-notch.

And you're also well-located to see an old-fashioned New England covered bridge. Ask at the Inn for directions (you drive a short distance from Inn towards town, pull in by the Tucker library & then walk along path to see & walk on the wooden bridge).

Colby Inn has its' own website --- www.colbyhillinn.com. OR you can also check out equally charming inns in site, http://www.selectregistry.com.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:57 AM
Cindy

My husband and I did the fall foliage trip last year in October. One of the most quaint places is in Stowe Vermont. You may want to try the Vontrapp Lodge. It is on top of a mountain with scenic views,etc.Good Luck!