Hyatt Huntington Beach

Search

Hyatt Huntington Beach

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyatt Huntington Beach

we are thinking of combining this hotel with a few nights at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena. This Hyatt sounds great. Can anyone tell me what they have heard about this hotel? Reviews? it looks really fun...and i am a Hyatt Diamond member and i really like the hyatt chain. So can anyone tell me what they have heard about it here?

Thanks!
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 07:02 AM

Hello again! The buzz I've heard is all positive. It's in a great location in Huntington Beach (right down from the Pier, across from one of the nicest beaches), it has a pedestrian bridge to go across Pacific Coast Highway, I think you'll be quite happy there. Also nice-- you're a quick drive to Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 07:13 AM

Make sure to visit Duke's. It's not exactly like Hawaii, but pretty close! Ruby's on the pier is also an institution for breakfast.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 08:11 AM

Our family of 4 stayed there over Easter weekend for 3 nights, and then headed up to LA for the rest of our vacation. The Hyatt was really great, and we are Hyatt fans too. It is a very large and sprawling complex, bigger than I suspected, so there isn't a very personal feel to the service, but we didn't need anything either! The food at the hotel's restaurants was excellent, quite surprising! We did enjoy the location as described above, across a bridge from the beach, near the Pier and many restaurants and shops, and 10 mins from Newport Beach and lots to do there. Post any specfic questions and I will answer.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 08:15 AM
DB

We had reservations to stay here for our upcoming vacation, but cancelled and decided to go to Kauai again. The only thing that really bothered me about this Hyatt is that they have ONLY valet parking and it runs $18 day. You may be able to park across the street at the State Beach parking for less (~$3), but do NOT leave anything in your car. The pier and downtown are about a 1/2 mile walk, but it never seemed too bad to me when I was younger.

24 days to ~gt;
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Original Poster

thanks to everyone who replied, but here is another one of my concerns...the annual Us Open Surfing Championship will take place on the beach when i am here, do you think it will be a problem and too crowded?

thanks again!
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 07:23 AM

Will it be crowded? Yes. Will it be a problem? I don't think so. The crowds for the surf events are pretty well-behaved in my experience, and don't you think it would be cool to watch? If it concerns you, get up a bit early that day and head down to Laguna Beach for a somewhat calmer day (although the beach at Main Beach Park gets very busy).