Restaurants in Hollywood near the Pantages

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be going to the Pantages theater in Hollywood on Saturday. After seeing The Producers, I'd love to find a good restaurant to have an early dinner (show should be out around 5 pm). Looking for a moderate priced place (entrees at $20 or less). I'm staying with relatives in Corona, so anything on the drive from Hollywood to Corona would be fine as well.
Thanks a bunch!
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 08:28 PM

Well, I know of no restaurants on the way from Corona, but I can give you a few suggestions for Hollywood close to the Pantages.

On Hollywood Blvd., The Pig & Whistle has been restored and might be nice.

Chan Dara (Thai) on Cahuenga Blvd. is very close to the theater and has wonderful Thai food.

You will also be close to the Highland & Hollywood complex on Hollywood Blvd. at Highland where there are quite a few restaurants to choose from. Parking is only $2.00 with a validation. They have a website if you search for it. It lists all the restaurants there, but I know there is a California Pizza Kitchen for sure that is very reasonable. Wolfgang Puck also has a restaurant there, but it might be a little pricey. There is also a restaurant right on the corner of Vine Street & Hollywood Blvd. which is fairly new and is within walking distance of the theater. It might be called The Vine Street Diner or something like that. I have been inside and it's quite nice in there. Hope this helps a little bit.
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 09:14 PM

www.pignwhistle.com
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 11:51 PM
m367

Picked up tickets at the Pantages this week, and we had the same problem of where to go for lunch. You may want to leave your car parked, and get on the Red Line (toward N. Hollywood) and go one stop to Hollywood/Highland.

You come up from the Red Line next to the Kodak Theatre - with a variety of places to eat. The California Pizza Kitchen, mentioned above, is on the first level. We asked them for help in locating the elevator. We had a lunch at the Hollywood Grill on the 4th Level. Good service, tablecloths, good food and very nice. You can see all over Hollywood at the upper levels of the complex if it isn't "gloomy".

Next door is Graumann's Chinese Theater. Although we have done it before, the footprints are fun to check out, as well as the other "characters" around. Bring along your camera.

When it's time to leave, go in-between the Kodak Theater and Chinese theater to the entrance to the Red Line (towards Union Station)- one stop and you're back at Hollywood/Vine to pick up your car.

It would be a great way to end your day at the theater.

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 12:16 AM
m367

Just wanted to add, that the Red Line is directly across the street from the Pantages Theater.

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 07:46 AM

Try Musso and Franks, kind of spendy but you can order ala carte. It fits right in with the glamour of the Pantages. Be careful, the martini's are dangerous!