Hurry for Little Shop of Horrors discounts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to www.broadwaybox.com and click Little Shop of Horrors to get $50 tickets (normally $96) for previews until October 1.
You can book on line but pay some fees, or print out the offer and get them at the box office without the fees. I did them last week and got 3rd row exact center for today's matinee.

What a wonderful production! Even my partner who has never liked this show which he's seen several times is raving. The cast is sensational -- and the plant extends way out into the audience at the end. I think this is going to be a winner.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 05:32 AM

I have my $50 tickets for SUnday evening, although I purchased them online and didn't get such great seats (mezz. center). I saw the orginal years ago in the E. Village and enjoyed it. I'm glad to hear the good feedback here. I had't heard much at all but couldn't resist the $50/ticket for a nice family outing (we're bringing out kids).
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Original Poster

Actually my post may have been misleading. I got my tickets on line also. I had tried for about two weeks for several performances, but could only get seats that were way in back or extreme sides. I kept rejecting them and trying later. So I was very surprised last week when suddenly it offered me those third row center seats. I grabbed them. A few rows back would have been a little better, but I'm not complaining.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 05:21 AM

Well, we saw it yesterday. I have to be honest, it was a bit of a letdown. I think it's more geared for a smaller theater. We sat up in the mezz., a think a closer seat would have been better. it was enjoyable but didn't seem to live up to my memories of the off-broadway version at the Orpheum. My kids did enjoy it, my son even jumped in his seat a few times, but both of them say Hairspray is still their #1 (altho my almost 15 yr old will see Rent soon, and suspects that will move up to #1 on her list).

All in all it's good family fun for $50 a ticket, but at $100, I'd have 2nd thoughts. This summer I saw Hairspray (for the 3rd time with orig. cast!), Man of La Mancha, Rent and Nine. I preferred these musicals to LSOH (altho both Nine and Rent are for older kids).

We shall see how it's received by the critics i a few days.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 05:24 AM

One more thing, I didn't mention that I also recently saw Big River with my son (also with a great discount, $45 adult, $25 child ticket). It was a plesant surprise. Very well done and fascintating how they incorporated the signing in the production. This is aother great family show, especially if youy are a Mark Twain fan (which my 12 yr old so is).
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

MFNYC, I certainly agree with you about Big River; so sorry it has now closed. When they did that huge chorus number in Act II that got bigger and bigger and suddenly stopped silent in the middle of it, ending with the entire cast (signing it) in total silence, didn't you about melt????

And I can understand what you're saying about the smaller theatre for Little Shop. I was glad to be so close. It won't project to the rafters in the same way that a huge show like Hairspray can.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 06:33 AM

Just curious Patrick, have you seen Avenue Q? So much of Broadway is recycled material, although entertaining, not necessarily new and different. Someone just recommended Ave Q to me as something a bit innovative and entertaining.
Old Sep 29th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Seeing URINETOWN tomorrow night, and AVENUE Q on Wednesday night. Two of the "biggies" I haven't yet seen. You can't call either of those recycled material (pardon the pun regarding the first one). Will post later.