Reload this Page >

Hotels in San Francisco

Search

Hotels in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2002, 09:12 AM
cathy

Hotels in San Francisco

Which hotel is better..the Harbour Court or the Hotel Galleria?

Old May 29th, 2002, 09:19 AM
kal

Cathy, I've stayed at the Harbour Court before and it was very nice. Especially the view of the Bay Bridge I had from the bed. awsome at night.
Nice room, good service and good location for business district and trolley/street cars. Real close to some good restaurants, too.
Can't comment on the Galleria.
Did you get these names thru Hotwire or P'line "biddingfortravel". Hotwire had a "boutique" hotel along the Embarcadero for $84 yesterday and we're looking for tomorrow night. Thought it may be the Harbour.
Thx,
Kal

Old May 29th, 2002, 09:39 AM
itsme

Hey Kal with all this travel do you ever sleep in your own bed? Tee hee! How was the Grand?

Old May 29th, 2002, 12:29 PM
kal

Itsme, There's a joke in your post but I'm not going to touch it!

We had a grand time at the Grand Sheraton and at the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee. Actually got a closet in our room this time!

We also lucked out and saw that the "Zydeco" bands (Zydeco Flames, Motor Dude Zydeco and the wacky ladies of zydeco-Tee Fee Swamp Boogie Band!) were performing in the Sheraton's Nave Ballroom from 5ish to 9:00pm. didn't have to walk down to Old Sac.
Soon as we heard it, we were ready for a trip to NOLA!!!!

BTW...I just got the Harbour Court in SF for $84+tax= $102 for tomorrow night thru Hotwire.
"Take me out to the balllllgame....."
Kal
1 day!

Old May 29th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Susan

Kal, you lucky dog! Harbor Court is ideal location for walking to the ballpark, and walking those garlic fries off after. We ate at the Slanted Door's temporary location at the Embaradero and Brannan a few weeks ago and it was incredible. If you can get resys I highly recommend it. Don't pass up the caramel chicken, yum. Go Giants!

Old May 29th, 2002, 12:39 PM
itsme

I'm dense so I don't get the joke but I can pretend. Go Kings!

Old May 29th, 2002, 12:47 PM
kal

S'spike,
Garlic fires.....!
I'm droooolin' already...and maybe Mrs K and I can hit G-Biersch for some meat loaf and garlic mashed potatoes on the walk back!?!?
Reminds me of my first trip to The Stinkin' Rose in NoBeach many, many years ago. We were in a week long seminar (boring) out in Walnut Creek and snuck out on our own for dinner with a few out of state fellow employees who had never been to SF before.
Took BART to Montgomery and walked up to NBeach and hit The Stinkin' Rose.
Rosted Garlic and french bread for appies, garlic beer, a taste of garlic wine and then the 40 clove garlic chicken for dinner. Not enuff nerve for garlic ice cream!
Guess who sat allllll by themselves the next day in the seminar!!!! I pity the people who had to fly out the next evening! and the people on the plane sitting anywhere near them!
At least we knew the plumbing in the hotel will survive anything now!
Kal

ps...We may have to cab it back up to Shanghai's tho. See if they remember us!

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 01:17 PM
kal

2 thumbs up for Harbour Court. Had a great stay this past Thursday. Great lobby and nice rooms, small "boutiquey" but very nice.

Walked by the Slanted Door on the way to the game and will have to remember it for the next trip.
All the restaurants were jammin' after the game, especially since the game went down to the wire with a 3-2 count with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th and tying run on 1st base.

Hoofed it up to Gordon Biersch for a few "Dunkles" then took a nice walk up to an old favorite, "Scoma's" and downed a big bowl of Lazy Man's Ciopinno while Mrs Kal had one of the biggest Crab Louie's I've ever seen!

The weather was fannnntastic!
Another good time had by all!
Kal

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 01:56 PM
Betsy

Congrats on the closet at the Sheraton, Kal! You're moving on up in the world.

My husband is a rabid fan of the the lazy man's cioppino at Scoma's too. He's ordered it every time we've been there since 1968. I think some of the same waiters are still there!