hotel room size. . .

Search

hotel room size. . .

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel room size. . .

I have been to NYC several times and have been extremely lucky to have gotten a large room. I want to stay someplace different (stayed at Millenium Broadway), but all of the rooms look so tiny. I do not spend a lot of time in the room, but when I'm there and getting ready (we always have a lot of stuff!) I don't want to feel cramped.

Anyone have ideas about which hotels have a little more spacious rooms? We like midtown area under $300. I just can't see paying $300 a night and being able to touch all the walls from the bed! Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe what I'm seeing on the websites is misleading, but they all look so incredibly small.

I will add, that our room was a corner room and had a sitting area. I know that not all the rooms at that hotel (Millenium Broadway) are that big. I'd stay there again if I thought we would get lucky enough to get the bigger room.

thanks.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:08 AM
GoTravel

Any of the Affinia Hotels and the Salisbury Hotel.

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:51 AM

Depending on when you're going, the Blakely and even the Michelangelo can often be had for under $300. You don't have the same kind of views you get at the Millenium b/c they're not skyscrapers, but nice room size. They both have suites as well.

Agree the Affinia.com hotels which are all suites are also good sized.
Old Jan 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM

we stayed at the hilton near 53rd?? over thanksgiving and our room was great..
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

Original poster here. I forgot to mention, we will be coming in August, so the prices will be a lot less then. Yes, I know it's hot, but I'm from Dallas, TX, so I know about hot weather and can handle it just fine.

Any other suggestions?
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 03:30 AM

If you wanted to stay in Times Square, the rooms at the Marriott Marquis are a good size with floor to ceiling windows. The hotel is large though and very busy.

The rooms at the newish Residence Inn on 45th st. off Fifth ave. are larger than usual with a full kitchen. They're similar to what you'd find in a studio suite at one of the Affinia hotels (or other suite hotels).

It sounds like what you'd like is a suite whether it be junior, studio or one bedroom. You should find plenty to chose from in Aug. with your budget. Book something and keep your eye out on travelzoo.com They often get specials closer to the date for upgrades or suites. There was a special once for a duplex suite at the Mansfield that's evidently nice (if you don't mind stairs).