Old Nov 27th, 2002, 04:16 AM
howard

Trying to decide between NYC hotels

We will be in NYC 12/23-12/26 and have read differing reviews about:
W-Tuscany
W-Court
Omni Berkshire Place
Parker Meridian

We've looked at these because of room size. The "boutique" hotels(we stayed at The Muse)while very chic, all seem to have tiny rooms.
If anyone has any knowledge about the ones above, or another suggestion(anywhere Midtown), please advise. Thanks.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 04:40 AM
Patrick

I stayed at The Muse and agree about the rooms. From my limited experience, I'd add any hotel that is a "W" to the small but chic rooms list.
I'd think the Parker Meridian would be the best. The Omni has some very small rooms, but if they will offer a guaranteed larger room or junior suite at a good price, that could be fine also.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 04:54 AM
sluggo

I don't know about the others, but our room at Le Parker Meridien was a decent size. (I've stayed at some hotels where you could barely walk around the bed.) We had a regular room with a king-sized bed.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 06:16 AM
howard

Thanks for the input-the reason I put the W-Tuscany on the list is that they have a room that is supposed to be 500sf. The rate is a "reasonable" 199/nite for that size room.
BTW, every hotel I checked had availability, but none had any real deals.

Old Nov 28th, 2002, 06:40 PM
nina

You also may want to consider the Hilton on Avenue of the Americas if you can reserve a corner room. My friends had small rooms (not small like at the Paramount, but...) and my room was good sized.