Hotel Del Coronado restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be staying at the Hotel Del Coronado in California for a few days and am looking for restaurant recommendations in Coronado, especially anything within walking distance to the hotel.

Thank you.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 06:22 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Del Coronado for a weekend and the Sunday brunch was very good. Don't remember any of the other meals--sorry. Have a good time.
Old Aug 12th, 2003, 06:39 PM

I have to agree on the Sunday brunch at the Del...very nice! Our family has had several dinners at the Del and they were wonderful too. Just a block or so from the hotel (on the same street)is the Rhinocerous Cafe which is very good and not too pricey.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:25 AM
jd

For a great Mexican restaurant you can walk to Miguels Cocina from the hotel . It is diagonally across the street in a little plaza-walk back into the courtyard and you will see it. Great margueritas here too.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 07:02 AM

Here is a second vote for Miquels. There are a lot of nice places to dine on Coronado, all within easy walking distance.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 10:13 AM

We went to a great spot on the other side by the bridge in the shopping area overlooking the water. A fun outdoor grill on the Bay. Anyone know the name?
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 03:18 PM

I live in San Diego and would definitely recommend Peohe's restaurant. It's not a walking distance from the Del but a taxi should be very reasonable. Incredible view of the city, food is good and it's reasonable. We always bring out of towners to Peohe's and no one has been disappointed.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 12:00 PM

We also like the food at Miguel's but my girlfriend hated her margarita. Just a matter of taste, I guess.
I ate at Peohe's years ago and liked it but read in the local paper and local monthly magazine that it has become touristy and overpriced. Try doing a search on this site. I think other people have had the same complaint.
Right next to Peohe's is Il Fornaio. It is a good moderately priced Italian restaurant.
You could also take a taxi to the pier near Peohe's and I Fornaio and take a romantic ferry ride across the bay and eat at the Fish Market or some other restaurant around there.
In addition to the cab, there might be a cheap bus or hotel shuttle on Coronado. Call the hotel's 800 number and ask for the concierge. He or she would know.