hotel- boston

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 11:54 AM
margaret

hotel- boston

Has anyone stayed at the Ramada Inn on Morissey. Is the area o.k. and is it clean?

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 12:17 PM
lizziej

Any other choices? It's not the worst but don't think it's the best location either-

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 01:17 PM
margaret

Hi Lizzie, there is the colonnade which is a lot pricier but maybe it's worth it. We are coming from Vancouver,B.C. so the exchange is a factor.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 01:20 PM
joesorce

Try the hotel at M.I.T. I think there is a website, and they often have good rates at hoteldiscount.com or travelnow.com

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 01:34 PM
mimi taylor

I agree, it is not a good location. i live close to "The University Park" hotel (MIT) You can walk across the bridge to the Back Bay where all the shopping and restaurants are or you can take the bus.Most of us who live here don't know prices or cleanliness statement as we dont stay in these places except to eat or drink or listen to jazz as at the Charles Hotel Or Emassy Suites both in Cambridge.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Peggy

We stayed there from 6/21-6/23. It was o.k for the price. We had booked it for $119 but when we stopped at the tourist info in CT they gave us a coupon for $89 per night! Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast & the pool. But the employees were not very nice or helpful. As for clean, it seemed o.k but my white socks got dirty very fast! Not sure if they ever shampooed their carpets.
Also wasn't very happy when some employees were yapping out in the hallway before 9:00 A.M.
And one morning while my husband and I were still in bed somebody ( I'm assuming it was a housekeeper)opened our door without knocking. Thank goodness we had the chain on the door.
Hopefully you'l have better luck.
Enjoyed Boston though!