planning out a five day visit, need help!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:06 PM
betty

planning out a five day visit, need help!

can someone familiar with manhattan tell me if wall street is in walking distance from battery park & then about how long the walk would be over to the south street seaport area? would we need to take a train?
also, how would the walk be from chinatown to the lower east side? would appreciate any information.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Jim

All the aras you haev named are close together in the lower end of Manhattan. You can eaily walk from Battery Park City to South Street Seaport to Wall Street, through Chinatown and then to the Lower East Side, which Chinatown is either next to or part of depending on your personal opinoin. Total of about a mile. Time to buy a map!

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Jen

I agree with Jim, how can you plan your trip without a map. You can get lots of information, and send away for a handy booklet with a great map at the back, go to www.nycvisit.com

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 12:35 PM
mj

I figure the area you want to walk around in is ~2 sq.miles (from 14th St. south and mostly the East side, except Battery Park). Last time I worked in the area, the point to point distances you mention would take me anywhere from 5-15 minutes, unless you're referring to Battery Park in Brooklyn.

Here's a map and website link that should help:
http://www.nycvisit.com/content/index.cfm?pagePkey=429
hth,

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:28 PM
suzanne

OK, I've only been in Brooklyn 2 1/2 years now, but would like to know - where is there a Battery Park in Brooklyn?