Hotel

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Hotel

I would like advice on the Wellington Hotel. We are traveling with friends, so we will be booking two rooms. This will be our first trip to New York.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 06:07 PM

My advice would be post this again with the hotel name & location in the title.
Good luck
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 04:12 AM

The Wellington is a very large, tired hotel in a fantastic location. Some rooms are "ok" and others are downright nasty. Because of it's size and good price (and great location) it tends to get large groups and often of kids/teens. Read reviews here
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html

If you're looking for options, have a look on travelzoo.com for specials that might coincide with your travel dates.

The hotels running specials there right now all under $200/night that are terrific are:
the Rihga Royal
Omni Berkshire
Millenium UN Plaza
Carlton on Madison
the Shoreham
the Mansfield
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 09:37 AM
bc

We have stayed at the Wellington numerous times. I have read some really bad reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor--and some really good ones too. We have always been satisfied. The location is great and the staff has always been extremely helpful.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 09:58 AM
P_M

I'm glad you got some replies to this post, but you would have got more with a title like, "Wellington Hotel in NY." Scarlett is correct that a more specific title will be more successful. Please take this in the friendly spirit in which it is given
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 11:52 AM

ourtravel took Scarlett's advice very soon after she posted it. Odd, but THIS thread has more info than the one with the more "correct title"! Click on "ourtravel's" name and you'll see the other responses.

FWIW: I have stayed at the Wellington a few times with no complaints. It's a basic hotel with not a lot of extras. Great location!