Parisian Hotel Questions...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking of staying at the Hotel Aramis? Does anyone have any feedback they can give me about this hotel and it's location? It is non refundable, so I'm a little nervous to book.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 04:44 PM

Check reviews on TripAdvisor.com
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:35 PM

I don't know about the hotel personally. It is located close to Montparnasse although it's in the 6th district. Seems as though the best rooms are the more expensive ones as usually the case.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

I originally posted, but I am confused because everytime I look it up, I come up with the Best Western, and it is not the same hotel.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM

It looks like a lovely hotel , near the Luxembourg Gardens. The location is good, I like the way the public rooms look.
I have a book called Hotels of Charm and Character in Paris ( or something like that) the Hotel Aramis is in it, so it must be charming
Look up as many sources as you can to reassure yourself..But my opinion of TripAdvisor is take anything posted there with a grain of salt.
Some people post reviews on places that they have never even been to.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 06:13 PM

Chmeryl, it is the same hotel as is listed on trip advisor.com, located at 124 rue de Rennes. Apparently it is or used to be operated under the Best Western umbrella, but here's the direct website:
http://www.hotel-aramis.com/English/Frameset.html
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 10:32 AM

That hotel was a Best Western for many years, and I think it still is. One website seems to be distancing itself from them, which is kind of odd, because I think hotels pay a fee to belong to the BW group and the sole purpose is because they want that name and affiliation. Maybe they don't intend to renew their contract or just want to hit all bases, who knows.

They are still on BW website and have two websites of their own, the one above www.hotel-aramis.com , and one that clearly states they are a BW hotel
http://www.hotel-aramis-paris.com/
Old Mar 8th, 2006, 12:14 PM

It might even be beneficial to book them using the Best Western website, using the "Best Rates" feature. Who knows - try it out.

I think being situated between St Germain and Montparnasse is a good thing, as you can walk to either area, lots of good restaurants, and transportation is very good also - line 4 connects to RER-B and also to Gare du Nord (CDG) and Gare Montparnasse.