Search

Hot Spring question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Lisa

Hot Spring question

This might be a stupid question...but...I am reading about the Hot springs in Calistoga and what I come up with is that there are mineral pools at the spas and hotels. Is that the deal?? Or, are there actual Hot Springs outside that are just in natural settings?? I think I am realizing that spas build in and on hot springs. Am I correct?? Thanks so much!! Confused in Ohio!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Lisa

Sorry for the double post! I thougt I accidentally posted this in the general category!!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Faina

Maybe you're confused with hot springs and the Geiser in Calistoga?

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 12:52 PM
norcal

I don't think there's any natural hot springs,the resorts pump the mineral water into regular pools.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 01:09 PM
cd

Lisa
I am not familiar with Calistoga but I have been in hot springs in Montana (don't remember the town) and in hot springs in Hot Springs Arkansas. In Arkansas you can see the hot springs bubbleing up from the ground. There are a few bath houses still open (they used to be used for medicinal purposes in the 30's) We stayed at the hotel on the hill (can't remember the name) and treated ourselves to the spa. I believe that hotel uses 100 degree water from the ground. I could be wrong. Also, the hotel in French Lick in Southern Indiana has mineral baths and a spa.