HONOLULU, HAWAII - PLEASE HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. I've got a free ticket to Honolulu, Hawaii YAY! So, I'm flying on 1 April and stay there till 8th. Please could you recommend a cheaaap hotel and maybe a good itinerary. I'm 20 years old and really active, so I would like to visit how many places it's possible. And I guess it's not worth it to go to other islands, cuz it's a waste of time. Thank you so much!!!
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 04:42 AM

How cheap is "cheaaap"? Honolulu is a pretty expensive destination, so it would help to know your budget. If you want something inexpensive you'll not be staying beachfront. How important is that for you? Given that you are doing this all at the last minute, you may have limited choices. Early April is still high season in Honolulu, so you'll be paying top dollar.

While it's never "not worth it" to go to other islands, if you are on a tight budget, it may not be affordable for you. But there's a lot you can do in Oahu and a lot of places you can go with a bus pass, so I think you'll find enough to fill your days.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 05:01 AM

You are most likely going to need to stay in a hostel, due to budget and age.

http://www.hostels.com/honolulu/usa

Google -- hostels honolulu. For lots of suggestions.
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 12:32 PM

need budget for hotels. Places to see depends on what you like to do...Hike? snorkel? beach it? museums? what????
more info needed....
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 03:25 PM

Check the prices at the Ocean Resort. It's a couple of blocks from the beach at the Kapiolani Park end of Waikiki. If you can run to an ocean view, you need to be 14th floor or above.
Old Feb 9th, 2014, 08:17 PM

carolyn according to YELP reviewers the Ocean Resort has closed and when I went on web site. Everything I opened said Page No Longer Available.
Old Feb 10th, 2014, 02:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The Royal Grove (~$75/night)
Waikiki Sand Villa (~$95/night)
White Sands Hotel (~$125/night)

If you need cheaper than that, you will have to look into staying at one of the hostels or the YMCA or something.
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 11:17 AM

Aloha Laura,
There's a pretty good bus system that will get you around the island cheap enough. Get out of Waikiki as much as possible! Lots of great hiking-search for Oahu hiking blogs. If you can, do the 2 hour horseback tour at Kualoa Ranch--awesome scenery-much, much better than the one hour tour. The Macadamia Nut Farm is a funky old tourist attraction with free coffee and other samples. Shrimp trucks up towards the north shore-$11 for a great lunch. So much more, just get the heck out of Waikiki. Have a great trip!