hana hotel== can anyone recommend?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we plan 2 nights in hana in march. can anyone recommend a guest house or hotel for $200 or less per night?
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 07:39 PM
sistahlou

Many funny questions fromm you. Do this half of Hana lovers the favour of telling how miserable it was, how boring it was, and how you got carsick on the hell of a ride. I wish I could help you out with lodging, but the last place I stayed has changed owners. Google like crazy and you will find every single rental in the area to help you decide. Maybe I'm lucky, but I have never been dissappointed, mostly happily surprised that the place outshine the pictures.

Love redsands beach, hamoa, just exploring the area and taking in a baseball game, when the town is out, or hanging at the harbour area. Or having a cocktail or sharing fish eggs benedict at the hotel, or flying with Armin!!!!!

Good luck with your search.

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 08:09 AM

Have never stayed in Hana, but can recommend a truly special place on the north shore, just outside of the town of Paia. The property is called Kilohana. You could probably google it and come up with several realtors that list it. We stayed in the ocean view villa which was gorgeous for $195/night. It was amazing. Lots of natural materials, beuautiful open beam architecture on the top floor, large lanai with bbq and wet bar that overlooks the ocean, nice kitchen/living/dining room. Downstairs has a large master bedroom that opens to a beautiful bathroom, vessel sink, changing area/lg closet and outdoor shower (which was heavenly!) There's a fresh water swimming pool and I think 4 units share the grounds and ocean front property. Very well-maintained and the care-taker was very friendly. We could walk or drive to Paia town and enjoy the north shore sites and those closer to Hana. Great bamboo forest hike nearby. Also enjoyed the upcountry towns, Makawao, Huelo, Haiku etc. Location is good. Would also put you closer to Mt. Haleakala if you were considering going up there as well.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 01:20 PM

Try Hana Hale Malamalama www.hanahale.com - they have rooms for under $200/nt. We stayed in the Bamboo Inn Villa there which had nice views of Hana Bay.
Breakfast is tropical fruits and different breads - we enjoyed it. We had a kitchen in the villa so we cooked one night and went out to eat for the other.
We found the staff to be really friendly and helpful and it was a lovely place to enjoy Hana from.
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

thank you, optimystic. we will check it out.........
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 08:42 PM

vrbo.com has a lot of rentals, some in your price range.

Here is one: http://www.vrbo.com/28451

-pila
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 01:38 AM

No Problem, bodhijack. Just a note to say we found e-mail communications with Hana Hale a little slower than what we are used too - they can take up to a week to reply. It unnerved me a bit, until we got there - I think its just the Hana way!

Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1st, 2007, 03:57 AM
sistahlou

Actually optimystic, emails are often slow because there are a number of secluded homes which do not have internet access, due to their "green ness" of solar power/sattelite tv, no phonelines for hookup. So they check in weekly at the library for communications.

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:52 AM

Thanks sistahlou for the info, that makes sense. I guess it still is the Hana way!
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
sistahlou

don't forget optimystic,
Hana is a dreadfully boring place. Nothing to do, nothing to see, nothing to eat. Its dark and there are cows everywhere!!! And the drive will just make you seasick, so why bother!!!!!! hahahahahah~!

I actually stayed at HamoaBayBungalow and adored it. it may have changed owners, but the website looks the same. Just a perfect place, with a great working kitchen!

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:35 AM

Try this website...http://hanaalii.com/alpha.html. We left HNL early in the morning, picked up our rental car, stopped to buy a picnic lunch and headed to Hana. Took our time driving and got out of the car many times. Spent 2 nights in Hana which we loved!! Never been there before because of the "dreaded car ride." We were able to spend time exploring Hana, enjoying the beaches, hiking and not feeling rushed. We stayed in a little cottage overlooking the bay. Not a 5* property, but clean and made me think of a little get away cabin. Had a full kitchen, washer and dryer and we could lay in bed and hear the ocean below us. So glad we did it that way. The last morning we drove the lower road back to the Kaanapali area and met virtually no traffic. Hana is quaint and quiet and we truly enjoyed it.
Kalena