Reload this Page >

Hotel Hana-Maui at Hana Ranch

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Tony

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Hana-Maui at Hana Ranch?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Hapa

In Hana I always stay at the Hana Kai-Maui Condos (closest accommodations to the water in Hana and a beach) but I always drip in at Hotel Hana for at least one dinner and drinks. IMO the place isn't like what it once was. And the last few times I was there I talked to the bartender and he said occupancy was at an all-time low. Don't know what it's like now. Personally, I don't think the place is worth it. I'm sure at one time it was, but not now.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Lani

Sorry to say that I hear only negative things about the place the last few years - that the only thing left that's great about it is it's location. And that better food can be found at MickeyD's than in their restaurant. I guess, especially for the rates they charge, and with all the other wonderful resorts in Hawaii, people are very disappointed of late!

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 11:44 AM
c

The last time I stayed there was in the mid 90's. I loved the hotel at that time, but have heard negative remarks in recent years. We stayed in one of the cottages with a private deck and Jacuzzi which overlooked the ocean. They had lawn courts for tennis and bicycles available for the guests.

We also rented horses one afternoon and rode along the beach which was one of the highlights of my trip.

The barbecue restaurant across the street is good, but there aren't many other choices in the Hana area for dining.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 04:40 PM
TonyV

Thanks to each of you for taking the time to reply, and for your candid review.

Anyone stay at the hotel recently?

Have a Great Day!

Tony V.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 07:50 PM
XXXX

I would recommend the Heavenly Hana Inn.
My husband & I stayed there two years ago it was very unique and clean. The price included breakfast too. The room was very romantic. We had dinner at the Hotel Hana..try to get a window table for the view. The food was okay. It was nice to stay at the Heavenly Hana Inn after that long drive to Hana.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:45 PM
kt

Tony:

I have stayed twice in the last two years and loved it! It is a really special place to stay. I have stayed at a number of hotels in Hawaii, but there is something very unique at the Hotel Hana -- the peacefulness, the space, I don't know -- it is one place that just gets into your soul.

Apparently, a few years ago it had become run down, but with new owners it no longer is so. As an indication of its better condition, when I was there in December, Victoria Secret was doing a photo shoot at the hotel.

I would wholeheartedly recommend staying there is you are looking to stay in luxury, yet get away from it all.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 05:52 PM
Happy Tourist

We stayed there last September and had an incredibly relaxing vacation. The grounds were almost deserted, so that at times, we felt like Adam and Eve in a perfectly groomed Eden. Book a Sea Ranch Cottage suite facing the ocean and you can see and feel the motion of the clouds move in above the horizon. I could go on and on about it, but the best recommendation I can make is this: we're going back.