Reload this Page >

2 Nights Hana, Not Hotel Hana Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 08:39 AM
joan

Hi! I've read all the Hana threads, going back a couple of years, but can't find much in the way of recommendations for places to stay BESIDES the Hotel Hana Maui. Our budget is about $200-250 per night. Looking for romantic cottage for 2 on or walking distance to the ocean. Outdoor hot tub would spoil me. I've got lots of ideas, looking for personal experiences. Here's some of the properties I'm considering:

Hana Sunrise House
Ala'aina Ocean Vista B&B
Hale O Pulelehua
Hana Aloha Hale
Malamalama
Hamoa Beach House
Hamoa Beach Oceanfront Suite (cottage not available for my nights)
Hana Alii Holidays homes (any specific cottages you've stayed in?)
Hana Kai-Maui condos

Where have all you Hana overnighters stayed? Thanks so much!
You can email me direct if you like: [email protected]

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Sue

I would advise The Heavenly Hana Inn. We stayed there two years ago. It was very, very clean and very romantic. The inn has a Japanese feel. We loved our suite!! It is located on the way into Hana. The breakfast was wonderful and was included. We had dinner in the Hotel Hana. Hana two years ago did not have many choices for dinner. The owners, Bob and I forget his wife's name were very helpful. I believe our stay was $175.00 a night. Enjoy!

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 05:53 PM
joan

Sue, thanks very much for the reply. How was the privacy at Heavenly Hana? Which suite did you stay in? I remember reading somewhere about those thin moveable walls in one of the Japanese B&B's. Not sure we're the B&B type...we love to cook and have been known to play the occasional loud Reggae music! The website seems more...refined.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Sue

We stayed in Suite # 2. We found the Heavenly Hana to be very private. There was not a problem with the walls. The walls were normal. There is a sliding Japanese door from the bedroom to the living area in the suite. My husband said that breakfast was not included. However, the breakfast was delicious and reasonable. The inn really was laid back and peaceful. I hope this helps Joan.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 05:58 AM
joan

Thanks, Sue!

C'mon, folks! Hasn't anyone else stayed in Hana????

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:45 AM
xxx`

Joan:

When we stayed at the Hana Hotel, someone who worked there had good things to say about Hana Oceanfront Cottages (Link Below). (I'm not sure if it included on your list) It is just across from Hamoa Beach and looked nice when we went by. The owners are supposed to be quite nice and have done alot of work on the property. http://www.hanaoceanfrontcottages.com/

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:55 PM
joan

thanks xxx. I inquired there, because I thought it looked great too. Unfortunately they only had one night avail out of the two I requested...

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:01 PM
xxx

Yes there are more of us who have stayed in Hana, but you restricted those of us who have bucked up and spent the money to stay at the Hana Maui Resort - loved it!

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 05:07 AM
joan

I guess everything is relative, xxx. Here I thought $250 per night was alot of money! Seriously though, we've saved for years for this trip. $450 is just plain out of the ballpark for us...

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:21 AM
xxx

Joan:

I have heard that the Hotel Hana has been willing to discount from the posted rates. It will probably depend on when you are planning to go. It really, really, really is a fabulous place to stay - why don't you call and give it a shot.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 06:23 AM
joan

Hi xxx, just wanted to update you on the Hotel Hana-Maui. I called and requested their lowest rates, they quoted me $275 for garden or oceanview jr suite (which is a discount from the $325 on their website), and $425 for oceanview with spa, which I believe is the rack rate. Funny, because I'm going there on a Sunday/Monday in September, I'd think that would be a slow time for them. I read on Maui Revealed that this hotel still gets mixed reviews...that their idea of repairing a hot tub is to cover it over with decking instead...anyway it's still over budget. Thanks, though, it was worth a try!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:39 PM
lou

Joan.........I passed thru some of these messages. I only want to tell you that our stay at the Hamoa Bay House which also has a bungalow....we never even saw the people staying there........4 star kitchen, lovely, secluded, with a hint of an ocean view. I really wished I had bookded it for a week rather than 3 nights. With a grand kitchen in a secluded paradise, I would never think of staying at the only resort that will cost so much more and then you have to spend that much more to eat, since there are little other choices....gl

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 12:13 PM
joan

Just wanted to give "lou" an update! Just booked the Hamoa Bay House for 2 nights. Thanks for the recommendation, the place looks beautiful, had to talk them into 2 nights (they have a 3 night min)...now I wish I had the third night available! Hope I have the same place in mind...is it the one with the Japanese soaking tub and the outdoor lava rock shower? If so, how long a walk to the beach? did you walk or was it easier to drive? Thanks again!