Good reasonable eats in Daytona Beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to be spending next week in Daytona Beach Shores. Does anyone have recommendations for reasonable seafood restaurants/bars? Also looking for the best onion rings. Someone recommended Snack Jacks -- simple, inexpensive seafood in a great laidback atmosphere. Drink cold beer and eat conch fritters on the deck. Sounds like our kind of place.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:51 PM

My favorite Daytona Beach seafood restaurants:

Aunt Catfish's (On the river at Port Orage Bridge. Always crowded, so get there early.

Inlet Harbor: Located at the end of the island near the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse. Has a nice outdoor deck/bar area that often plays live music. Food is OK.

DJ's Deck Seafood & Raw Bar. Located under the Port Orange Bridge on the ocean side. Reasonable prices, outdoor seating, lots of beer!
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM

Second Aunt Catfish...if you go late lunch...not too crowded..
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:44 AM

Another rec for Aunt Catfish's it is a must whenever we are in Daytona. You can do call ahead seating, which I would highly recommend. The crab cakes are excellent.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:40 PM

caniac - is the Inlet Harbor actually the name of the restaurant? the one with little shops next to it, etc? did it survive the hurricanes from last year? we like to go hang out there, I'm heading down in a few weeks.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:06 PM

The restaurant name is Inlet Harbor. The website is inletharbor.com. I have not been to Daytona since last summer before the hurricane(s). I assume & hope that it survived. My wife and I like to take our kids and hang out on the outside deck while we wait for a table. The restaurant reminds me a of a place where you would most likely see Jimmy Buffett, should he happen to come to town......which he won't!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 03:01 AM

that is the one! funny, we have never been inside the resto, we always sit outside. I will report back.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you with the recommendations. We will definitely check them out and let you know if they are open. Sounds like some good places for us.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 06:38 AM

Try the upstairs dining at the Ocean Deck near the Boardwalk - next to the Best Western/Mayan Inn - right on the beach. Food is good and reasonable. Afterwards, if you are into regae there is usually a band playing downstairs. Shells's Seafood is a chain but has good food and is cheap. I live here and eat there ! Aunt Catfish is good.. If you are ever there and want a really great meal try Julian's - N Atlantic a few miles north of the Boardwalk - actaully Ormond Beach. Great food - they have been there for many, many years. I cannot recall the name of the restaurant on the north east side of the Port Orange Bridge (where Aunt Catfish is).... under the bridge. I am told their food is very good although I haven't eaten there in a few years.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM

"I cannot recall the name of the restaurant on the north east side of the Port Orange Bridge (where Aunt Catfish is).... under the bridge."
This is the restaurant I mentioned above. It changed names a couple of years ago and is now called "DJ's Deck Seafood and Raw Bar."
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 04:30 PM

Another vote for Inlet Harbor. I like the drive.....it's just past Daytona Beach Shores and away from the miles and miles of hotels... past some lovely beach homes until you reach the lighthouse. I don't remember if the food was good or not, but when I'm in Florida eating some fresh seafood, I'm a happy camper!

I also love Julian's. I won't describe it as upscale, but it's not a beach bar. It's near Ormond Beach in N. Daytona. It has a round or U-shaped bar and it's sort of an old supper club, but as I remember you can dress very casually and the prices were good - especially for the seafood. It's been a while, so don't hold me to my opinions!

Have a great time....I love Daytona Beach!
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you again for the additional responses. We will be staying in Daytona Beach Shores so it sounds like we are on the good side for the Inlet Harbour.