Myrtle Beach - Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2006, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traveling to Myrtle Beach next month and wanted some advise on good restaurants. Any type of food is OK, but would like something nicer than chains or all you can eat buffets with kid specials. Wine menu a must. Any suggestions? Also, nightlife suggestions for adults without children.
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 08:22 AM
GoTravel

Restaurant Row:

Thoroughbred's
Rossis

Pawleys Island
Frank's Outback
Louis's

Myrtle Beach proper:
New York Prime
Collectors Cafe

Murrells Inlet:
Bovines
Divine Fish House

Old Aug 25th, 2006, 09:26 AM

I love Frank's in Pawley's Island. Can't go wrong--be sure to make an evening of it. Is the "outback" seating area open? If so, more relaxed with Bocce ball and the occasional local cat begging for seafood scraps.
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 09:48 AM

Great advice from GoTravel.

I would add Sea Blue (a great seafood tapas bar in North Myrtle Beach, on Hwy 17 across from the Home Depot/WalMart shopping center).

Nightlife depends on your age bracket. Younger twenty-somethings seem to enjoy Club Kryptonite & Celebrity Square (both at/near Broadway at the Beach). Older twenty-somethings and perhaps thirty-somethings might like City Bar on Kings Hwy (Business 17) between 76th and 79th Avenues North, and Collectors mentioned above has a pretty good bar scene.

Otherwise, for the rest of us, my favorites are Liberty Tap Room and Grill (across the street from City Bar) and sitting outside at the other Liberty at Broadway at the Beach.

Have a great time!
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 10:31 AM

Try the Sea Captains House in Myrtle Beach. One of the few places you can actual eat and look out at the ocean. The food is great and the homemade desserts are wonderful.
Old Aug 25th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all! We are actually 40 something, but are in our second childhood now that the kids are independent - notice I did not say gone - just not under our control Will check out these suggestions!
Old Aug 26th, 2006, 06:12 AM

I don't want to contradict Charlotteguy too much about Sea Captain's House; it is one of the few restaurants here that actually is oceanfront (other than some of the hotel restaurants).

However, I think it is much better at lunch than at dinner. The lunch special is always inventive. I think the other restaurants mentioned above do a little better job at dinner. But by all means, Sea Captain's House is probably a number one priority for lunch one day.
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 11:14 AM

Greg Norman's Grill at Barefoot Landing is very nice but go at for lunch if you want to save $$ - it can get quite expensive for dinner. We also liked Bonefish Grill and although it's a chain restaurant, Carrabba's Italian Grill has good food at reasonable prices. We also really like the Key West Grill at Broadway on the Beach.
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 11:18 AM

We like Rossi's Italian Restaurant and Thoroughbreds. Another pretty good place is the Flamingo Grill. They are only open for dinner and are closed on Sunday, FYI.