good hotel in Annapolis, MD

Mar 6th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

good hotel in Annapolis, MD

hi folks!

going to be spending one friday night in early april in annapolis. we do have a baby, he'll be about 5 months then.
we're meeting some friends for dinner and then staying over. really just looking for solid accomodations at a good price, in walking distance of the waterfront and shops/restaurants.

restaurant recommendations are also welcome.

thanks in advance!
Mar 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM

The Waterfront Marriott is the only hotel located on the Annapolis waterfront. You will probably have to pay $300+ for a room. The other accommodations near the waterfront area are small inns and B&Bs - mostly historic buildings with lots of antiques and period furnishings. I don't know how comfortable you would be with a small baby at some of them, although The State House Inn, Gibson's Lodgings, and Historic Inns of Annapolis all advertise that they welcome families. I can tell you that some of the rooms in the Maryland Inn are very small. Ask if there is enough room for a crib.

Loews and O'Callahans are traditional hotels about a mile from the waterfront.

If you decide to stay in a hotel that is not within walking distance, there are a couple of parking garages near the historic waterfront area where you shouldn't have any trouble find a parking space in the evening.
Mar 6th, 2008, 01:02 PM
LHG

You can walk to the waterfront from the Loew's hotel. I do it all the time. The Marriott is the best location, but probably the most expensive.

Mar 6th, 2008, 02:03 PM

If you like historic inns, try The Maryland Inn est. 1776. It's a quick walk down to the water and has a 4star restaurant (Treaty of Paris) inside the hotel which is reeeeeally good.
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:13 AM

Loews and O'Callahan are definitely walkable to the waterfront. (Loews is actually only .7 miles.) You'll pass lots of interesting buildings, stores, and restaurants along the way.
Mar 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the responses!

one the one hand, i really just need an inexpensive room. on the other, even though we only live an hour and half away, we never go to Annapolis, so i wouldn't mind staying somewhere interesting. saw a "$177 room for $100" on Hotwire, but obviously i dont know the name/location without purchasing....

i'll look into the hotels mentioned, thanks!