Glenwood Springs: Hot Springs Lodge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Continuing to plan mid-September trip to Colorado. Will be staying in Glenwood Springs for 2 nights.

Tripadvisor has only 2 reviews of this hotel; yet the location next to the pool seems good.

Anyone care to comment on this hotel, good or not so good?

Thanks again!
Old Apr 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM

We were happy with our stay there - nothing fancy, just a clean, comfortable room. The location to the pool can't be beat and the unlimited pool admission makes staying there very worthwhile. It is also an easy walk to restaurants and shops in Glenwood.

We have also stayed next door at the Hotel Colorado. It is worth visiting if you enjoy older, historical hotels.

Personally, I think the Hotel Springs Lodge offers a better value with the complimentary breakfast and pool use. I would definitely stay there again if rooms were available.
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 03:23 AM

We stayed at Hotel Colorado and enjoyed it very much. However, if / when we go again, we will stay at Hot Springs Lodge. Peaked inside when we went to the pool and it's newer (duh) and nicer. Also prefer the extra close proximity when running back in swimsuits in the rain
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 03:43 AM

We have typically stayed at the Hotel Colorado next door because it is such a great old place. They, however have raised their prices considerably over the past 5 years or so. Be cause of that we tried the Hot Springs Lodge and were very pleased with the value. As mentioned earlier you get access to the pools (usually $11.75 per adult/ per day) and a continental breakfast.The rooms are fairly plain, but you will probably spend more time in the water than in the room.
hapata
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 04:34 AM

We've stayed at the Glenwood springs Lodge 2x and we think it's fine. Maybe along the lines of a Holiday Inn.

I love the Glenwood Springs pool!! I am always cold, so I think a heated pool is the greatest thing. Plus, it's wonderful to see so many different people enjoying the water.