Lodging in Pagosa Springs CO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Pagosa springs for 3 days beginning of June. Have read some good and very bad reviews on the Spa/Resort. It sounds like to have a decent experience you should book the $300 room. Not wanting to do that I would like to stay at a hotel/B&B or something near the hot springs that are not that expensive. We can get a weeks pass to the springs for $150 for the 2 of us. If we add that to a room that is about $110 it averages about $160/night it is still much cheaper than the spa.

Any suggestions on lodging not too far or comments on the lodging at the springs. The cheaper rooms there are about $200 with not many good reviews.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Apr 9th, 2015, 07:51 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
This is what I found on Priceline. http://www.priceline.com/r/?product=...FcVgfgodgVUALQ
From 89 to choose from you should be able to come up with something cheaper.
Tell us why Pagosa Springs is any better than Glenwood Springs which is next to I-70.
Old Apr 9th, 2015, 02:47 PM

Pagosa is a very different experience, much more natural than the pool of Glenwood Springs. There are hotels all around the entrance that are much cheaper and acceptable (Quality Inn). Adult entry into the springs is ~$25/visit.
It is also a good point for visits to Durango, Mesa Verde, and other places in that part of the state.
Don't see any need to compare it to Glenwood.
Old Apr 9th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, we chose the Econo Lodge. The reviews were all pretty good. Price for senior was about $76/night and we are going to do the weekly pass at the springs. $150 instead of the daily. Daily you can only get in 1 time for the day. We like to go in the morning and then use them again at night. Still much cheaper than the spa.

Why Pagosa and not Glenwood? We did Glenwood a couple years ago LOVED them. Would go back in a heart beat. Wanted to try something different and we are coming from Arches and Canyonlands and want to do Durango and that area.
Old Apr 10th, 2015, 06:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. While in Durango, try the Durango & Silverton tourist train.
Don't forget that here in Oregon we have some hot spring spas in the Cascades. I even know of a couple that have no buildings nearby that are free.
While the California Zephyr was sitting at the Glenwood Springs station, I saw someone swimming in the world's largest hot spring fed pool (Dec. 2013).