Girls Weekend in Scottsdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My girlfriends and I have planned a four night trip to Scottsdale over Memorial Day Weekend for my "bachelorette party" and are looking for some low-key but fun things to plan. I love having a drink or two but do not like going "clubbing". We're more wine and cocktail people versus beer drinkers. We are staying at the Omni at Montelucia and do expect that we can spend a lot of time there in resort mode at the pool, explore Old Town, and perhaps go on a trail ride or cookout. I'm looking for great restaurant suggestions, places to get drinks, entertainment ideas. I want to keep it classy. I know it's far in advance but I tend to overplan so would love to start gathering suggestions. Any must-try food? Mexican? None of us have been to Arizona before. There are 7 of us, ages 28-30.

Fort McDowell Adventures or MacDonald's Ranch for a sunset trail ride and cookout?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Nov 16th, 2015, 11:24 AM

Omni is pretty out of the way.

I HIGHLY recommend The Royal Palms Resort. Excellent facility.
Old Nov 22nd, 2015, 11:54 AM

Omni Montelucia is a beautiful resort with a wonderful spa. I would not call it out of the way. It is approx 3.2 miles from the Royal Palms, a five minute drive.

A great place for a sunset ride is Spur Cross Stables in Cave Creek; however, it's about a 45 minute drive from the Omni. Cave Creek is a beautiful area (and I am not saying that just because that's where I live) and well worth the drive. Memorial Day weekend will be hot. You might want to think about a sunrise ride instead.