Search

Spa weekend in Feb.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spa weekend in Feb.

We are looking at traveling to Phoenix over President's weekend; my Mom, younger sister and I looking forward a relaxing, luxurious spa weekend. Fairmont Princess Scottsdale has been recommended...

Any other spa resort recommendations in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? We are looking to spend around $300 - $500/nt.

Thanks!
Jessica
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Original Poster

sorry for the typo "looking FOR a relaxing..."
Old Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:40 PM

Sanctuary Resort in Paradise valley, excellent and intimate with a great restaurant, Elements, with the best view in town.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

So far recommended to me are Fairmont Princess Scottsdale and Sanctuary Camelback.

We are wanting to do daily spa treatments, and the rest of the time just enjoy the resort, relax, have cocktails.....

Any more suggestions or preferences?
Jessica
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM
TahitiTams

Friends have been to the Boulders/Golden Door Spa in Scottsdale and have really enjoyed it.
goldendoorspas.com
Also, Sedona is a 2 hour drive north and the Enchantment resort and the Mii amo spa is lovely too. (probably go over budget on this one)
enchantmentresorts.com
Enjoy your time with your Mom and sister!

Old Oct 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

We booked our flights, the prices were high for awhile, but just dropped. Now we have to book our accommodation. We are looking at Sanctuary Camelback Mtns and Fairmont Princess Scottsdale.

Any other suggestions for spa/resort in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area?

Thanks-
Jessica
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 06:07 AM

Jessica, I just made a spa appointment for tomorrow (whoo hoo) at The Golden Door Spa at The Boulders Resort. I had hoped to go to Sanctuary but they limit spa use to hotel guests.

You might consider The Four Seasons Scottsdale. http://www.fourseasons.com/scottsdale/
It is a beautiful hotel with a good restaurant (Acacia) and I love the location away from most of the hustle and bustle of Scottsdale.

Four Seasons is very near Pinnacle Peak http://www.ci.scottsdale.az.us/parks/pinnacle/FAQs.asp which is my favorite fitness trail anywhere. You hike up and down, up and down for 1 3/4 miles then turn around and go back. It is fun and a great workout but not dangerous or tough. The views toward Mesa, The Superstition Mtns, Scottsdale and Camelback and are wonderful and seeing the mansions below you as you walk up the trail is fun. I jog it in about 50 minutes but you can hike it in 1hr- 1 1/2hr.

Greasewood Flat http://www.greasewoodflat.net/ is very nearby also. Fun for chili cheeseburgers and beer under the stars. They have firepits around the dance floor so you can roast marshmallows. A nice mix of locals and tourists, old and young.

There are also a number of nice restaurants in the area- Michael's at the Citadel, SASSI, Mosaic.
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 11:48 AM

Hey Jessica what did you decide? My friend just returned from a few days at my condo in the Scottsdale area and I gleaned some good infom her.

She likes the Fairmont Princess on the whole better than Sanctuary on Camelback. She's been to the spa at both and had THE best massage at Sactuary but likes the overall spa experience and atmosphere at the Fairmont Princess.

She ate at La Hacienda at Fairmont Princess two days ago and is still gushing over it. It is supposed to be the 2nd best Mexican restaurant in the country and she was like, right, $40 for a Mexican entree but is now a believer. Beautiful restaurant, great service and food.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

sorry for late reply, have been busy with holidays/son's bday.

We are staying at the Sanctuary. We leave Feb 15. I am excited. We will probably splurge on one spa treatment a day....

thanks for the info on the Fairmont - we will have a car, and we LOVE Mexican food.............

Any other suggestions/must-do's for the area? My father is now going, as my mom passed away last month. So, we will have to do some touring, as he is not the "lay around/spa" kind of guy!!!

Jessica
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 07:00 AM

You can sometimes buy spafinder gift certificates at Costco for a discounted price (I think $75 for a $100 gift card)and the gift card may be used at a large number of spas around the country. Since the Sanctuary at Camelback infinity edged pool is on the cover of their book this year I'm fairly sur the spa at Sanctuary is one that you can use the gift cards for. You might call the local Costco and see if they have the cards currently.

I'd take a short drive to Old Town Scottsdale to meander through the shops and art galleries and to eat outside at a sidewalk cafe.