Search

Ft Lauderdale hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:07 AM
W

Ft Lauderdale hotel

I am planning a vacation next month & would like to ask if anyone has any knowledge of the Doubletree Hotel on the beach.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Hotel

I saw it when I was in Florida quite recently. I cannot say anything about the inside as we didn't stay there, however the outside, was very old and extremely dated. I heard from someone on a travel forum it was not like any other "doubletree" they had ever stayed in elsewhere. So-----------this is all I can say about it. I stayed at the Sheraton Trader. They have a building also that sits right on the beach. The doubletree is across the street from the Beach. One does have to walk across the street to get to the beach. Although a bit more pricey the Marriot Beach on the Beach seem to be the nicest Hotel. Good luck.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 07:45 AM
W

Thanks, H. I am surprised to hear that, as Hilton has done such a good job of updating their other locations. I am having second thoughts after other posts I've read here regarding FLL, although two years ago I spent several weeks there on business & found it quite nice.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:00 AM
hotel

Well FLL is great. I liked it there very much. We had a great time. As in most of the East Coast beach towns the hotels are just older that is all. The Marriot has been redone from stem to stern and it is lovely. I have heard nothing but great reviews. Seems to be the favorite place in FLL for being ob the Beach. I also stayed at a Best Western you may want to check into called Pelican Beach. It is a small place, very clean, right on the ocean. Nice breakfast included, no additional parking fees. A very nice beach.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:07 AM
gc

Another vote for the Marriott. And spend time in Las Olas. Mark's is very good. It's also a kick that the parking meters take credit cards...

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Romy

I stayed at the Yankee Clipper on the beach last year for a few days pre and post cruise from FLL and it was inexpensive and very nice. Would do it again.