Ft. Lauderdale area hotel spot?

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 08:56 PM
Annie

Ft. Lauderdale area hotel spot?

Just like Cory's earlier post, Im also looking for a nice hotel with sandy beaches that doesnt cost a ton of dough, somewhere near Ft. Lauderdale. We're a 20-something couple who would like less nighclubs and shopping centers and instead find more relaxation/good atmosphere/mai-tais. Can you recommend a hotel or a beach community not a million miles from the airport?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:58 AM
jinna

I think that you should try Lauderdale by the sea

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:00 AM
patty

we stayed in Lauderdale by the Sea at the High Noon Resort right on the beach, with a pool, you could walk to everything==we just loved it!!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:04 AM
pattu

just found the site....www.highnoonresort.com.......
we have 3 kids and got a small corner apt. with plenty of room!!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:07 AM
pam

We stayed at 2 different hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. One was a Best Western, and the other the Sheraton Clipper. Depends on when you are going as to the prices. The Sheraton is old, tired, but was adequate and had a great location. One of the buildings sits right on the Beach. The nicest is the Marriott Beach Towers, however, more expensive. The Best Western sat right on the beach, had a nice stretch of beach in front of it with nice little balconies. I think it was Pelican Inn. (Pelican something) can't remember the exact name. It was very clean, had a nice staff, and included a nice continental breakfast. Both about 10-15 minutes from airport.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:25 AM
r-travels

The "other" travel website that starts with "fromm..." had an article about this in it's magazine awhile back. Maybe your library has it, or it was also posted online. I cannot vouch for how good the accomodations are, but many stays of what I have found in "Budget Travel" have been great.