food in Maui

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Betsy

food in Maui

Where is a good place for breakfast with the kids in Maui?

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:22 AM
mcd

If you're looking for something cheap, there is a Denny's in Lahaina, and McDonalds in Kapalua. If you want upscale, the Brunch at the Westin in Kaanapali is great!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 07:08 PM
p.

Weeeeell,
Hard to answer.. where will you be staying and how far are you willing to drive ?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 03:40 AM
Betsy

We are staying in Wailea. I need to find places to eat with kids.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 07:59 AM
avoss

We were in Maui in Jan. with two young children and I'm a serious breakfast eater. Longhi's in Lahaina has the best breakfast. Beware the newer Longhi's in Wailea, we tried breakfast and dinner at both and Lahaina is far superior, they share a name only. The Lahaina Longhi's is great for dinner, too. If you want a not-bad (but not great) breakfast somewhere other than a chain from back home, there's Stella Blues in Kihei.

One other recommendation, since you'll never read about it in guide books but we happened to find it years ago and visit it at least twice on every trip: if you like Sushi, Sushi Paradise (in Kihei in the Long's shopping center) is the best I've had anywhere. Since chef/owner Watanabe does everything himself, suggest to bring a snack with you in case you have to wait, sometimes 30-60min, for your turn.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 10:06 AM
joe

If you are staying in Wailea you could easily get to the Dennys in South Kihei in a few minutes.It has outdoor dining and is across the street from KamaoleII beach.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 11:30 AM
amy

I second the rec for Denny's in Kihei. Nice, open seating and it's suitable for kids.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Lenore

We ate at that Denny's near Wailea, but be aware that cheap in Maui is not the same as cheap on the mainland. For example, the Denny's Grand Slam breakfast that they routinely advertise for $2.99 where I live, was $7.49 in Kihei! We found a little bagel shop near that Denny's that served a decent breakfast for a little cheaper. Sorry I don't recall the name.