Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Florida - Looking for accomodations in December

Old Nov 29th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'd like to rent a condo or apartment (at least 1-bedroom) from 12/21 to 12/30. We have 2 adults & 1 child (10 years old). Some of the required amenities would be - high speed internet in the unit and nice heated swimming pool on the property. I would prefer on or close to the beach with a view, but it isn't a necessity. In regards to location, we are pretty flexible and would be open in renting anywhere from Delray Beach to Ft. Lauderdale. Our budget is under $150/night (would prefer closer to $100). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM

Yikes, you really waited to long to get Christmas week anywhere. Especially at that price.

You can try vrbo.com and maybe someone has canceled at the last minute.
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 08:05 AM

I also have a concern that you will be competing for condos with snowbirds from the NE and Canada, many of whom made their winter plans many months ago. Give it a try, but have a "plan B" ready. Also, be flexible and consider other parts of Florida other than Broward County.
Old Nov 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM

I bet you can find something....everything is so quiet here in Florida right now. People are desperate for business...what about checking realtors that handle seasonal rentals? you can try vacationrentals.com...friends of ours used them a few times.
Old Dec 1st, 2008, 02:22 AM

I agree with the first reply. IF you do find something on or near the beach for the X-mas-New Year week at all, be prepared to pay $150 at the very least but more likely $200 plus. That is one of the most popular weeks in Florida, just a notch below the Easter week.

For a $100 a night, you may have to stay way inland which will require a long drive to the beach everyday.

Did you consider the west coast? Tampa area, Sarasota, Ft, Myers all have great beaches and little islands which are somewhat cheaper than the east coast, but still hard to find availability for that particular week at this late date.

Good luck!