Favorite Spas

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Jan

Favorite Spas

Please help me with spa information. It doesn't matter where but I would prefer a spa in a warm weather State. I would like to go for a week or a long weekend for a retreat that includes yoga, great cuisine and lots of outdoor activity. Thanks.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Nancy

Bacarra is heaven but ultra expensive.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Terese

How about Canyon Ranch? I was there about 5 years ago and it was a wonderful experience.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:03 PM
ashley

I'm sure you know about "Spa Finders" magazine but in case you don't,it has tons of information. I think you can also contact them directly.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:03 PM
neni

CANYON RANCH is the best spa, great food, great location, service, everything is great... but its expensive.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:18 PM
suzie-q

Bacarra, in Santa Barbara is very new and beautiful, BUT... they want to have a very elite clientel (celebs and millionaires) and don't quite know what to do with us average Joe's that are the only ones going , yet. The service is slow everywhere but in the driveway where the parking boys are gorgeous and very FAST! Our room rate was listed at $695.00 a night (we went on the company dime) but it was next to a very noisy equipment room (maybe pool pumps?) that made sleep very difficult. The room wasn't cleaned before 3:00 every day and one day I had to call at 5:30 to get the maids in. Employees were hard to find and poolside service was the pits. The cheapest massage was $190.00 for 50 mins and really jumped from there. I don't reccomend it.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Ally

Lake Austin Spa Resort, Austin Tx.
Warm? Depends on when you're going..but can be HOT in summer months. It's right on the lake and is beautiful, excellent food and LOT'S of activities. They have a web site.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Susan

Have a look at Skylonda in Woodside, California. It's about 50 miles south of San Francisco in the Santa Cruz mountains. It's not a beach place, but rather a place in the mountains with all kinds of hikes and yoga, massage, great meals, perhaps views of the ocean on some of the hikes. I believe it is all inclusive. Fairly upscale. skylondalodge.com.