Favorite Dim Sum in Atlanta?

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 11:07 PM
JenniferX

Favorite Dim Sum in Atlanta?

Has anyone enjoyed dim sum at any of the following restaurants in Atlanta lately?

HAPPY VALLEY
ROYAL CHINA
ORIENTAL PEARL
CANTON HOUSE
HONG KONG HARBOUR

These are all I've found in my research. We'll be visiting the Buckhead area next weekend. If anyone has a favorite, please post.

Thanks, everybody.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:07 AM
brian

ttt

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Mike

Oriental Pearl is the most popular (best atmosphere, if not by much) which is important for freshness. While which one has the best food is subjective, they're certainly all good enough. Out of the list, the only one I don't like is Canton House. Another problem is they all don't have a very strict no smoking policy.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:33 PM
JenniferX

Thanks for the reply. I think we might actually try both Oriental Pearl and Happy Valley, which a friend just mentioned is her favorite. I'd be happy to eat dim sum all three days we're in Atlanta...

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Kay

We usually go to Oriental Pearl. My husband brought it up too late to go yesterday On Sat and Sun you can easily get in and be seated at 11:30a.m. Between 12 noon and 1 p.m. there is a wait of variable length. After 1 p.m. the selection drops off quickly. They also serve dim sum from menu on weekdays. (Eat some sticky rice for me.)