Falling Water

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Samantha

Falling Water

We are planning a trip to Frank Lloyde Wright's Falling Water. Any suggestions on where to stay? Would prefer a bed and breakfast close to the location.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Anthony

Combine it with a trip to Pittsburgh. Then you can stay in the Pittsburgh area, where there would be more hotel choices, and make the house tour a day trip.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 06:49 AM
George

Go to http://www.laurelhighlands.org/public/cfm/fun/index.cfm?FUSEACTION=BedBreak&CategoryID=6

for a list of B&Bs in the area. I'm not sure how close you're going to be able to get--there's a lot of rural in that area. Incidentally, spend the extra money for the in-depth tour. It's worth it.

Also, don't miss Kentuck Knob, AKA the Hagan House, while you're in the area. This lesser-known Wright house isn't that far away, and you'll see some interesting contrasts.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:19 AM
Lily

Hey Samantha,

I stay in Pittsburgh a couple times a year for work and I love The Priory. It's a great little inn that includes breakfast. Very old fashioned and relaxing. Not real plush but enough and the neighborhood is an interesting mix of city life!

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Jel

When you go, I would HIGHLY recommend taking the private tour that is first thing in the morning.....it includes areas of the house/grounds that the other tours don't allow. It is more expensive, and only a limited number of people are allowed each day, so I would recommend making reservations as soon as you can. It is a beautiful place to visit.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:46 AM
S

Unless I'm mistaken, children under a certain age are not allowed.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:52 AM
zack

You MUST stay at Nemacolin. It is absolutely fabulous and should not be missed. A true vacation. nemacolin.com

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Dick

Check out the official website for Fallingwater.

http://www.wpconline.org/fallingwaterhome.htm

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 01:25 PM
x

7 Springs Resort is not too far.....

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Cathy

Was just at Fallingwater a few weeks ago. Took the private tour, worth every penny. Reserved 2 weeks ahead for a week-day. We stayed at the Stone House Inn in Farmington- victorian roadhouse- neat decor, but on top of route 40 (loud) and the air conditioning is sub-standard. Wish we had gotten a room at the Rivers Edge B&B in Confluence, PA. Peaceful place with a lovely restaurant.