Four Seasons Maui - Beach amenities?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:14 AM
TJ

Four Seasons Maui - Beach amenities?

The Four Season Maui pool gets mixed reviews (cramped, lots of people, etc.). I am curious if they offer amenities on the beach such as umbrellas and drink service, etc. I'm just wondering what other options there are if the pool is too crowded.

Thanks

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:18 AM
nyc

TJ:

Yes, the FS does provide beach service. They will set up beach chairs with sun canopies for you, and during the day, attendants will come by to take drink orders. You can leave your spot and the attendants will reserve it for you for up to two hours.

Bear in mind, that, as with pool cabanas, the sytem is first come, first served, so you it helps to come in the morning to reserve a spot. Also, the beach isn't ideal when it gets windy, because of all the sand that blows around.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:13 AM
mts

Wailea beach, in front of the 4S, is a public beach. The attendants will set up chairs and cabanas for you. There is no alcohol allowed on the beach though due to local laws.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:46 AM
jim

The Four Seasons also has private terraced areas just beyond the pool area overlooking the beach, which is somewhat hidden by natural landscaping, and this was one of the great amenities of this hotel! Stayed there in January; the best spots were available until about 10am. The hotel calls this area the "catacombs" because of the privacy and some of the celebs. use this area to enjoy the sun and ocean view! This area also receives waitress service for food or drinks, and is a very short walk to the beach or pools. I didn't like the pool area because it was too much of an LA scene for me with everyone trying to act cool & looking to spot celebs. (this is the place where all the Hollywood stars come!)

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 10:50 AM
TJ

Thanks NYC and mts. Although I'm sure the beach gets crowded, is it safe to assume it's a little less competitive for space/lounge/umbrellas than the pool cabanas?