Enterprise car rental

Search

Enterprise car rental

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enterprise car rental

Has anyone got any feedback on Enterprise Car Rental ? We need a car for a month later this year for oyur Calif/Nevada trip and they seem quite reasoanable.

Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:18 PM

I've rented from them several times in NJ and FL, and found their prices and their service to be excellent.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:40 PM

I've rented from them in California and have been very pleased with them.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:43 PM

Yup, I use them exclusively (unless Alamo is WAY cheaper). Great service, never had a hassle and I have rented from both airport and neighborhood loctions.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:28 PM

They are usually very good and they have a free pickup and dropoff service which is great. (They'll pick you up at your home/office and also drop you off after the rental).

The only negative is that they sometimes have a 100 miles a day limit. If you can get unlimited free miles, then Enterprise is just as good as any of the other rental agencies.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:28 AM

If you are renting the car in Utah, make sure they know ahead of time if by any chance you are doing a one-way rental with drop off in California. (Only applies for drop-off in CA - not driving through)

We discovered this summer that if a car is going to be dropped off in Calif (for future rental from Calif) it must meet Calif emissions standards - even though we told them this, all computer assistance did not prevent the rental guy from walking around the lot looking for a car with Calif plates.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:07 AM

I've been very satisfied with Enterprise too, and especially like the pickup/dropoff ... which is usually the customer, not they car (they bring you to the office). I often use a local Enterprise when I travel & need a car for only a day or two of the trip, rather than rent at the airport, and in many cases, the only "add-on" is regular sales tax.

My only problem with Enterprise is that sometimes they get very "persuasive" trying to get customers to take the insurance add-ons, even when you point out that your current insurance covers rentals.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:11 PM

I've used them several times when my own vehicle is in the repair shop. Totally satisfactory EXCEPT that the local outlet, at least, charges for calendar days, not 24 hour days as most rental agencies do.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:14 PM

If you have AAA, get their Hertz coupons, and check prices with Hertz.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 04:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all for your comments. I will compare them to others for the same rental period and make sure we unlimited mileage. Thanks for the tip re insurance as our travel insurance covers car rentals, and we don't want to pay our more than is necessary.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:15 PM

I used them im Atlanta twice. The first time, they tried a bait and switch. I'd reserved an economy car and when I got there they declared that all they had was a van--and they wanted to charge me more for the van. After an emphatic conversation with the manager, they managed to "find" me an economy car. Well, people kept telling me that that was a uniqure experience, not like Enterprise at all, so I tried them again a few months later. Guess waht? Same story all over again. They were out of the economy car, but could give me a big car for an extra amount. Demanded to see the manager, who recognized me from the last round and "found" an economy car yet again. For obvious reasons, I've not tried Enterprise since then.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:19 PM

I've used them only once and would not again based on the experience. They were certainly cheap enough but the car was defective and when I tried to return it (I never left the lot) they gave me all kinds of grief.

The car had a mirror only on the driver's side - when I asked where the other mirror was they said it was optional - but you could see where the passenger side mirror had been knocked off - and it was close to impossible to get the car into reverse - I think soda - or something - had been poured into the gear shift box.

I walked out and went to Hertz - which was more but the car ran just fine and wasn;t missing any bits - and simply refused to pay the bill from Enterprise.