j.w.marriott ihilani on oahu- info

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please give me your impressions of this hotel. service, rooms, pool area, cleanliness or not, location. has anyone been here in august. is this hotel located on the drier side of the island. all info would be appreciated. thank you. bg
Old May 2nd, 2004, 04:54 PM

If you do a search for Ihilani on this board, you will find a ton of info. here is one example:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34402316
Old May 2nd, 2004, 05:58 PM

Melissa is correct. Lots of info on this site.

Stayed there in October and had an awesome stay. Room on the 10th floor over the pool and ocean. Extremely HUGE bathroom. Service was excellent and the grounds were impeccable. Ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel. Breakfast at the buffet, about $20. Lunch at the pool bar/grill...very reasonable. Highly recommend the hotel. Called them directly for my rate as a Marriott rewards member.

The hotel is near nothing, but really not far away from everything. The drive to Pearl was about 30 minutes if I remember correctly and then of course about another 20 to Waikiki.

Enjoy
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:27 PM

Just got back this morning stayed there.
Service was top notch. Not one complaint.
We upgraded to a spa room with a jacuzzi on a huge patio. Pool was simple and had a nice view of the lagoon. Everything was sparkling clean. Food was good, I was not shocked by prices here whatsoever and in fact some were less then I would have expected.
I would stay there again. A very nice resort.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:49 PM

Was there any construction going on next door to the hotel or nearby? Someone said they were building an aquarium next door. Also, are there any places to eat besides the Marriott? The place sounds very nice. We are thinking of trying it. Does anyone know if it is swarming with kids in July? Thanks!!!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:05 PM

We stayed there in July a couple of years ago with our 3 teenagers. There were lots of kids of there, but we spent most of our time by the lagoon instead of at the pool, so it wasn't really a problem. The hotel's grounds look like a postcard. The lagoon is beautiful (and there are several more lagoons to which you can walk). It's fun to watch the brides at the chapel. When we were there, there were probably 20 weddings a day. This was one of our favorite hotels, although like the above poster stated, you're not really very close to a lot of restaurants. We thought the hotel was very clean and the service was great. The beds were supposed to be queens, but they seemed like European-sized queens (which are smaller)

Sherry
Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:09 PM

There were alot of kids there yesterday.
However I would guess do to the clientale they cater to the kids were well mannered, well behaved, not loud, not annoying or anything.
There are 5 restaurants onsite, some a bit too fancy for us but with an extesive menu though it did tend to favor asian cuisine.
It is a bit of a drive to anywhere else but that is a plus in my book.
If there was construction going on I didn't hear it or notice it.
All in all one of the top hotels service and beauty wise of any I have stayed at in the US.