economy motel by SEA/TAC

Search

economy motel by SEA/TAC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2022, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
economy motel by SEA/TAC

I need advice on an economy motel for one night near Seattle Airport. This motel must provide a service shuttle and I imagine most of the motels close to airport do have a shuttle.
We need this for June 10,2023 and notice that the rates go up significantly because of cruise season to Alaska. Any suggestions would be great and then I can research
those motels. Thank you!
Old Oct 14th, 2022, 07:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
The best price I saw for a hotel near SeaTac with shuttle service was at the Red Roof Inn. Expedia price currently is $106/night. If you need parking while you are gone it is $10/day. There are cheaper motels farther away but you'd probably end up calling for a taxi.
Old Oct 14th, 2022, 08:49 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"This motel must provide a service shuttle "

I never understand this?? Sure, a hotel shuttle is convenient -- but honest question . . . Why is a hotel that is $30 cheaper, has no shuttle but is a $10 taxi ride from the airport not acceptable while one that costs $30 more, and offers a periodic shuttle is preferred. I'd assume most hotels near SEA do offer shuttles, but if on a budget,I'd be more focused on the total $$ out of pocket.
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 06:39 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Explain the logistics of how you are arriving at the hotel/motel to check in. The only time we flew out of SEATAC (to Alaska) on an early morning flight, we stayed at a cheap motel nearly 2 miles south of the airport. We had our own car and drove to a parking facility just north of the airport that had a shuttle to the airport. I chose that parking facility because the car would be under a roof and was the same cost per day as open lots at other hotels. I was not impressed with the cheap motel and would not stay there again. Red Roof is a good brand and is only 0.6 mi. from the airport entrance. They say that you could walk it in 16 minutes.
Depending on where I'm going, I prefer to fly out of PDX or even SMF (Sacramento).
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 07:47 AM

This is such a basic question, just use booking.com or something and find the cheapest hotel within a certain distance, they show you a map. As for checking it out, if you want the cheapest in a certain area, it's just one night, I wouldn't get too picky about it, just pick some wellknown brand, that's all I ever do. there are at least a dozen chain hotels close to the airport. The cheapest brands are Red Roof, Red Lion, Motel 6 and then Days Inn and Quality Inn. Econo Lodge, Ramada are a bit farther.

Motel 6 and Red Roof both have shuttles and I bet are the cheapest.
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 12:30 PM

We stayed at the SEA-TAC Red Lion in early June, which was around the same price as the Red Roof for our date. Although we live in a Seattle suburb, AA cancelled our originally booked flight and switched us to a very early morning departure. Rather than make the drive from our home that morning in the dark, we spent the night before the flight at the Red Lion, which does, indeed, have a shuttle, as do all the SEA-TAC adjacent hotels. It wasn't bad for just 1 night. We had stayed previously at the similarly priced Red Roof but preferred the Red Lion--just a better experience overall. The distinct advantage of the Red Lion was being within walking distance of 13 Coins for a decent dinner.

Just do your research/price comparison on booking.com as Christina suggests.
Old Oct 15th, 2022, 09:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I doubt they are the cheapest but there are a few hotels close enough that you can walk to them from the terminal.
Old Oct 16th, 2022, 12:25 PM

ROFL

The SeaTac Motel 6 is a total dive, and it is convenient to nothing except the freeway.

Old Oct 17th, 2022, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

We fly into SEA/TEC from Colorado on 6/10 and are taking the H.A. bus to Vancouver on 6/11. Will have to stay overnight and now I believe a booking with Red Lion
appears to be the best choice. Then we will take the shuttle back to the airport and connect with the Holland America agent that a.m. and on to meet H.A. ship 4-5 hours later.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Old Oct 18th, 2022, 09:02 AM

Make sure the shuttle operates at the time you need it

I once stayed at an airport hotel with a shuttle that only ran 6am to 9pm. I never thought to ask about operating hours and I needed to be AT the airport at 530am.
Old Oct 19th, 2022, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goingthere2
Make sure the shuttle operates at the time you need it

I once stayed at an airport hotel with a shuttle that only ran 6am to 9pm. I never thought to ask about operating hours and I needed to be AT the airport at 530am.
I will call today and inquire about shuttle hours. Good idea!
Old Oct 19th, 2022, 01:26 PM

The shuttle runs 24-7.
Old Oct 21st, 2022, 10:46 AM

One cannot rely on what the website says, a phone call is always a good idea for early departures.
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 06:20 PM

I didn't rely on what a web site said, the desk staff told us when we arrived.