Search

Dupont Hotel best?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dupont Hotel best?

I have about decided that for a 4 day visit a hotel in Dupont Circle will be best. From reading other posts, it seems there is a north entrance and south entrance to the Metro. Is this true? So either Barcelo or Jury's is equally close? Does anyone know if there is a place to park our car? Thanks.
Old May 30th, 2003, 08:22 AM

The Barcelo is directly west of the Circle and is convenient to both the North (Q st) and South (19th) entrances to the Dupont metro station. The Barcelo is also right in the thick of a block of restaurant on P st. The Q st entrance to the Dupont metro has more limited hours while the 19th st. entrance is open whenever the trains are running. Clear as mud, right??
Old May 30th, 2003, 08:24 AM

The hotels will always have the best ideas for parking at/near their properties. Call their 1-800 numbers directly.
Old May 30th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Original Poster

Not real clear, but I get the impression that you feel the Barcelo would be a better choice. Let me make sure I have this....The south entrance is open a lot more so you want to be near it. From what I read, the Barcelo and Residence Inn is closer to the south entrance. The Jury is near the north entrance, but this one has limited hours. Correct? Wow, I would never have known that. Thanks so much.
Old May 30th, 2003, 01:32 PM

I like the Radisson Barcelo, but since everyone likes option, another good one in that immediate area is the Hilton Embassy Row. It's really a large boutique-style hotel and well worth checking the rate on.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 03:56 AM

Actually, Thre Radisson Barcello is exaclty midway between the North & South entrances to the Dupont Metro (about 2 blocks either direction).
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

It seems the south entrance has better hours and I want to be near that entrance. Which hotel is the closest to that entrance, if the Barcelo is exactly halfway in between the two entrances? Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:20 PM

Both of these hotels are VERY close to the metro (2 blocks). I prefer the Jury's hotel since they are directly on the circle and they have a fun Irish pub downstairs and a friendly staff. I have never experienced the Dupont North/Q Street metro to be open less than the South exit.

Both of these hotels are very close to the metro (if I had to choose one, I guess I would choose the Jury's, as it is may be a 3 minute walk instead of a 4 minute walk!)
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:17 PM
kit

Bardo,
Are you sure the north entrance has shorter hours? Never noticed, especially since it seems to be the main entrance....just curious
Old Jun 2nd, 2003, 07:44 PM

I don't live around there but use that metro station quite a bit and never noticed the North being closed a lot more. I've used it fairly late at night, so if it is, it's not that noticeable.

There is so little difference in distance for these hotels, I really wouldn't choose based on that. I think Jury's is probably a little bit closer to an actual metro entrance if that is really important. I think Jury's is about in the middle of the two entrances but a little closer to the South. I prefer the South entrance because the stairs aren't as tall, it seems to me.
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:12 AM
E

I'm with Christina--both hotels are very, very close to the Metro, even if you use the entrance farthest away. Don't worry about entrances being open or closed, it just won't be a big deal. Have a great trip!
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

OK, thanks. I'll see which one I can get a better rate at if it doesn't matter which entrance I get at. I just know after walking all day, we will want to be as close as possible to our hotel at the end of the day. Thanks for your advice!