Reload this Page >

Do you Rant and Rave

Search

Do you Rant and Rave

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:02 AM
curious

Do you Rant and Rave

After staying at a Fodor's listed hotel, do you bother to state your opinion in the Rants and Raves? Why/why not? Seems like a good thing to do, especially if help was received from the people who frequent this board. Just curious.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:18 AM
Lenore

When we got back from our first (but definitely not last) Hawaii trip I added my comments to the rants and raves section for both hotels we stayed in, plus some of the pricier restaurants we ate at.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:25 AM
Marj

I do, if they have my hotel listed.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:31 AM
SEH

Yes, I try to. Sometimes the hotel we stayed at, or the restaurant we ate at isn't listed so I can't leave a review. I try to comment in some detail so my post will be helpful (saying "it was nice" is just a little too vague!!) Ihave found "Rants & Raves" helpful and I hope that others do too.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 01:33 PM
Lee

I try to post my rants and raves after returning from trips. Sometimes, they don't have my hotel listed on their sight but if they do, I want to reply. I have found the rants and raves helpful b/c they seem to be written by normal, every day people. I aslo like to say some specific things in my rants/raves so that others have a good idea of what I did or did not like. Plus, whether I've had a great experience or a terrible one, it's nice to share it with others or just get something off my chest.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 01:49 PM
Lordamercy

All the time. I was just ranting and raving a while ago because the damn grocery store was so crowded!
Although I must admit, last night I was raving over the best Chocolate Tart that we had in a small place in NYC that makes the best desserts! But listen to me! I am raving again!
TA!

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:21 PM
Faina

It would be great if we could add a hotel or restaurant of our choice. Otherwise this rant and rave looks like the AAA book - listed only who paid for it.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:33 PM
J

Fodor's listings are not paid for. They are selected by the writer of the section and the editor of the book, based on the selections in the city/town/area and strive to share the best at each price range.