Rants and Raves?

Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Rants and Raves?

Could anyone please tell me how to find the rants and raves forum? I saw it once, but now that I have been advised to look at it, I can't seem to find it anywhere!
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:54 PM

Do you mean rants and raves about hotels and/or restaurants? If so, you'll find them in the orange bar near the top of each page on Fodor's.
Oct 3rd, 2005, 05:54 PM

It's on the U.S. forum.
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM

There used to be a specific hyperlinked category for reviews of restaurants and hotels called "Rants & Raves". It's no longer there but if you click either "hotels" or "restaurants" in the orange banner above > select a region > pick a city > choose an individual establishment you will find readers' reviews (if they exist) following Fodor's descriptions.
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:40 PM
P_M

On the chance you are speaking of the Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, I'll attach a link to the most recent one. This is a thread in the US board where we all get to know each other. It's posted every Friday, usually by Jorr. But he was sleeping in last week, so I did the honors.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34685395
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM

There's a weekly thread on Fridays. Is that what you are looking for?
Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:45 PM

I topped it as well on the US forum.
Oct 3rd, 2005, 07:11 PM

Nimrod said it, but this is what Fodors says also..

'Rants & Raves: Hotels
Express yourself about the sights, restaurants, and hotels reviewed on this site -- and find out what travelers like you thought about them. Did you love a place and want to let others know about it? Did you think an activity or establishment was lousy and want to warn folks against it? Well, be our guest..'
Oct 4th, 2005, 04:44 AM
Original Poster

I don't know what I saw a couple of months ago - maybe it was the one that was discontinued.

However, the hotel rant and rave was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks you guys. It seems that the hotels I'm interested in were discussed here on the Europe board, not under rants and raves. I guess most people do one or the other?
I'll be using that a lot - I can't believe I never knew about it.

I also checked out the Freaky Friday report - I'll have to remember to look for it on Fridays...if I can tear myself away from the Europe board!

This was a great help everyone. I'll be using the restaurant rants and raves as well when I get closer to my trip next summer.
Oct 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM

Why do you think the Europe board doesn't have the folksy thread Friday rants and raves? Are you all more sophisicated?

Search this Thread