Rants and Raves- out of date!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 10:50 AM
linda

Rants and Raves- out of date!

I like the rants and raves section, but am curious to know how often they update. In April,we went to 2 relatively new restaurants in Sonoma- one (Dry Creek Kitchen) had been reviewed in many gourmet magazines.However, they're not listed and there's no place to review them on the Wine Country page. How do you complain to Fodor's? Has anyone else noticed this? There are a couple on there which have been closed for a while!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:02 AM
joe

don't think anybody goes there since they have this forum

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:04 AM
w

It would be nice to let the readers nominate restaurants to be added to the R&R list

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:07 AM
XXXXX

Fodors opinions on hotels and restaurants are out of date. As far as Rants and Raves go, I have found that only people who really love a place or hate a place, post a rant or rave.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:11 AM
linda

I started this XXX, so I will comment. I use R&R frequently, therefore I feel obligated to post there as well as tosubmit trip/cruise reports . We ask for info, we should share info.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 11:32 AM
susan

I very seldom use rants and raves but went there earlier today to check out reviews of a hotel in New Orleans. Fodors had given it a nice review - the same that's in its 2002 guide - but the reviews people gave it were absolutely awful. With 10 or so rants, the average was 1.2. I think Fodor's could use some updating.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Margie

A couple of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in (Europe) were not even listed so couldn't even write a review....it's not very effective.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:24 PM
sami

I've noticed how old some of the posts are. I bet a lot of places have changed chefs/managers since the reviews.Guess it can work for or against you, huh?

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Edye

Rants & Raves is out of date but it could be helpful if there was a way to add restaurants/hotels on to the list. Fodors, please figure out a way to do this!