do comfortable hotel beds really exist?

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do comfortable hotel beds really exist?

I like to travel but I always find myself wishing for my soft bed at home! Most hotel beds are so hard and uncomfortable. Last week was in seattle on business and stayed at Double Tree...once again very hard beds! Anyone know of a hotel chain that has really comfortable beds?
Tammy
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:50 PM

Best Western Suites at Key Largo - great beds and wonderful pillows.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 02:06 PM
OliveOyl

There have been a few threads on this subject--the long and short of it is that as a chain, Westin, with their Heavenly Beds, wins hands down. It was such a successful concept, however, that other chains of like quality are jumping on the bandwagon. All the suites in the hotel my DH runs (Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay) have them as part of this year's renovation. Next year it'll spread, and I'm sure other chains too, seeing Westin's success, are implementing them in some form.

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 02:43 PM
EdnaB

I believe the real problem here is that no two people have the same opinion about beds. I frankly hated those "Heavenly beds" at the Westin in Chicago. They were too soft for me. I prefer a firmer bed. I guess they have decided what a majority likes, but I have a brother-in-law who works for a bedding department at a major department store and he says it is nearly impossible to guess what people like. Many buy beds too hard or too soft and want to return them all the time. The biggest mistake is trying out and liking the softest bed, but after a couple of nights on it, many want something much firmer.

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 04:47 PM

Don't know about other Loews properties, but I have never slept on a better bed than the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando. I actually saw a few comments regarding that prior to staying there and basically didn't pay attention, but hands down the best yet.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 04:59 PM

Most people prefer firm mattresses, and they are much better for your back. I agree that some people might fall in love with a soft hotel mattress for a night or two, but sleep on it for a week and you'll be walking like a hunchback.
Old Feb 8th, 2003, 07:39 PM

The Crowne Plaza Universal in Orlando.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 03:50 AM

The Ritz Carlton Maui
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 04:12 AM

I love the Westin heavenly bed but don't sleep on it more than a few days. I just spent 5 nights at the Quality Hotel Maingate in Anaheim and thought their beds were a little firmer and very comfortable. Not all pillows are the same though, I like to have an older, flatter one.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 07:46 AM

My favorite hotel bed has to be the ones at the Embassy Suites. They are HUGE extra-king sized beds and oh, so comfortable. I've never had a bad night sleep staying there.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 12:12 PM

Bellagio in Las Vegas has ultra-comfortable beds. One of the only places I don't have trouble falling/staying asleep during my first night there.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 01:28 PM

The JW Marriott in Las Vegas has fabulous beds (and bedding). When I commented to the desk clerk how great the bed was, she said they hear that all the time.