Reload this Page >

Which hotel chain has the best beds?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Fran

I have a terrible back and really struggle with the cheap super hard mattresses found at many motels and hotels. I read somewhere that certain hotels are buying all new beds that are super comfortable. What advice can you give me regarding comfortable mattresses?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:43 AM
Sleepyhead

when in doubt, bringing your own air mattress and pump. works best when your travelling by car, not plane.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Kay

The "W" hotels (Sheraton chain) have amazingly comfortable mattresses IMO.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:05 AM
x

The Westins carry something they call the "Westin Heavenly Bed".

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:10 AM
John

Westin's wonderful beds range from property to property. The Heavenly Bed at Westin Chicago was FAB but the one at Essex House in Manhattan was average. Either way, Westin gets my vote for having the sense to realize that beds are important!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:24 AM
wendy

I second an opinion on the W Hotels. I stayed at the W New Orleans and they had the MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in! (better than home)

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Barbara

I second (or third or fourth!) the Westin's Heavenly beds. Recently, I stayed at the Marriott Forum in Dallas and their beds were very comfortable, although the bedding was not up to the Westin's standard.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Annie

Heavenly Beds are a godsend. Westins and W hotels have them (possibly Sheratons??). In addition to a firm, comfortable mattress, they have--to varying degrees--very good cotton sheets, a variety of pillows, and a down comforter. Ahhh. It's like sleeping in your own bed, as opposed to rough sheets and nasty polyester hotel bedspreads.
An article on their popularity:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...17561-2001Aug1

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 08:25 AM
Eva

The Ritz Carlton in New Orleans had the most comfortable bed I ever slept in -- including my own. I wanted to buy it!! Luxurious linens (featherbed, high thread count cotton, down pillows) atop a high quality mattress. My husband reports a similar experience at the Four Seasons in Atlanta.

Some of these chains have had so many requests that you can now buy their bedding...

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 08:30 PM
Rita

Heavenly beds are overrated. I stayed at the Westin in Chicago on Michigan Avenue. I did not find it to be that confortable.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 09:22 PM
traveler

Four Seasons no doubt. Their raves about them are so good that they actually sell them for around 1k. They're some type of Sealy, one thin matress connected onto the larger matress. Of course, with four seasons there is a very high price for that comfort, starting at around 400/nt.