Hotel Beds

Nov 29th, 2003, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Beds

What chain of hotels has the most comfortable beds?

melissa
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:15 AM

These aren't really high class places (not that that particularly makes a difference), but we think the Ramada Inn on Bourbon (Louisiana) and Best Western Suites at Key Largo (Florida) beds are soooooo easy to doze off in.
Nov 29th, 2003, 08:22 AM

Not to be negative, but I'm not sure how you can ever get an answer to this question. Comfortable to whom? As an interior designer I used to sell or provide beds to a lot of clients. I could put the same bed in two different homes and have one couple rave about it being the most comfortable mattress they ever slept on, and another couple say it was the hardest and most uncomfortable bed they ever tried to sleep on!
Nov 29th, 2003, 09:21 AM

On previous similar threads the consensus has been the Starwood (Westin/W) chains.
Nov 30th, 2003, 05:13 AM

There is nothing sarcastic about Patrick's post and his point is a very good one, i.e., comfort is a subjective state.
Nov 30th, 2003, 06:00 AM

Having just returned from a stay at the Bellagio in Las Vegas, I have to say their bed was the most comfortable bed ! They use Serta beds but they say they are designed just for the hotel, but they are very comfortable. Pillows mean a lot to me too and they provide several big fluffy pillows.
TKay, I see you have not been posting here long, perhaps you should wait before critisizing a long time poster, get to see some of the styles that they use in posting. You will see that Patrick is an informed and helpful poster for a very long time. I am sure if he wants to be sarcastic, he can do it very well, I saw nothing sarcastic in his original answer.
Nov 30th, 2003, 10:54 AM

Earlier today you accused Patrick of being sarcastic and that post was appropriately removed by the editors. Now you're back to escalate the charge to rude and nasty. What is up with you?

Please stop being so belligerent.

Nov 30th, 2003, 11:02 AM

Oh I get it now! TKay/Lake is SJ Boy! Well here goes another one for the dustbin.
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:27 AM

I wondered too, as I read Melissa's opening message, just what is comfortable, and to whom? It's a personal choice, with no right nor wrong answer. I see to reason to shoot the messenger (Patrick) who points out the obvious.

While I don't know that TKay = Lake = SJ Boy, I DO know that Patrick and obxgirl are two different people, both making many positive contributions to these forums. I care not what anyone's sex preferences are, and don't understand how it would alter the validity of their observations or how they react to others.

Maybe it's the lack of sex (no matter the persuasion) that would be a factor ... you've not been getting any lately, have you TKay?
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:29 AM
GoTravel

No, obxgirl is Outerbanks Girl. I will step in here and say that Patrick is not being sarcastic or rude but someone else is.

Patrick, I think someone is trying to yank your chain. Isn't there another thread that someone is accusing you of being rude?

Before you accuse me of being Patrick, you can click on my name and you will see that Patrick and I don't always agree. However, neither of us has ever resorted to name calling.

Nov 30th, 2003, 11:31 AM

It depends who I am sleeping with
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:47 AM

I'm not even going to dignify this series of absurdities by making a response. Why must people be so rude?
Nov 30th, 2003, 12:08 PM

I apologize for the last sentence in my previous post ... it was rude, out of order, and misdirected as well. Lake, I still don't understand your reasoning on why anyone might be harsh. But then, I drive a Ford. Could that be a factor?
Nov 30th, 2003, 12:48 PM
GoTravel

rb, not because you drive a ford. That can't make you cranky.

If you are cranky because you are male, well, that's another story.

I'm pissy just because.

The seagulls are back on my deck.

Nov 30th, 2003, 01:14 PM

OK, TKAy, I'll put you to the challenge as well. I'd like you to show me a thread where I was rude without being spoken to rudely by someone else first. I have asked for this before when you or your other "namesakes" have talked about this and so far no one has come up with any of those threads -- they only bring up one when I turned rude AFTER I was being called names or spoken to rudely by someone else.

Of course, I realize that it is going to be hard for you to judge since you think my post above is nasty/rude. Can you honestly re-read my first post above and tell me you think it is nasty or rude? If you can, forget the challenge, since obviously you don't know what rude means. And even though a number of people have pointed out that my post was not rude, you refuse to budge from your biased but unfounded opinion.

Yet you don't seem at all to think that Lake was rude when Lake is the one who is name-calling and insulting here -- well, in addition to you. Again, it is pretty clear you don't even know what rude is, maybe because it strikes so close to home?
Nov 30th, 2003, 01:17 PM

Oh, and since it will be difficult for you to understand. Now I AM being rude -- but only to you who was being rude to me first. Do you see how that works??
Nov 30th, 2003, 02:17 PM

Patrick represents himself more than admirably here so he needs no defense from me, but I do feel compelled to comment on Lake's disingenuous comments that being gay is the rationale for being "moody" or making "harsh" comments. It's abundantly clear that Lake's intent is to deliver what he/she considers to be the ultimate slam. If the other Lake "namesakes" disagree perhaps they'll speak up. Somehow I doubt it.

This will all get deleted by the fodors' editors in good time.

In the mean time, rb_traveller, you are a gentleman even when the circumstances do not warrant it.
Nov 30th, 2003, 02:45 PM

Want a good laugh? Go to the current thread about "California -Yosemite, Sequoia. . ."
You'll find that Lake made a number of comments and then suddenly out of the blue came TKay saying, "sorry for the confusion" and then proceeds to clarify Lake's comments.

I get a good laugh when someone posts under two or more names and forgets to switch from one to the other.

Of course, we can all just silently wink to ourselves when "both" of them come back here to say I'm crazy.
Nov 30th, 2003, 03:14 PM

Which brings us back to BEDS!!

We are going to be driving to Florida from NYC this January- Would anyone like to suggest a hotel chain that accepts large Pups that is clean and has a nice bed?
Nov 30th, 2003, 03:39 PM

Accor hotels (Red Roof & Motel6) seem to have pet-friendly policies - I've even heard radio commercials w/ Tom Bodet welcoming Rover. Just how welcoming they are, I don't know. I've been very comfortable on RR beds, but not so at some older Motel6. However, the chain is renovating at a pretty good pace.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO