Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - NY City

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone seen this play? Would you recommend it or would appreciate any other recommendations.
Old May 18th, 2005, 07:26 PM

Saw it and liked it a lot. Very funny show,excellent score, great acting, especially Norbert Leo Butz. If you want funny and irreverant (a la Scoundrels) - other recommendations would be Ave Q or Producers.
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM

I loved this show. Besides what spring212 said, it also has great costumes and sets. Norbert Leo Butz is amazing and he plays well off John Lithgow. Although I really liked Spamalot, I think I liked this show better.
Old May 21st, 2005, 05:12 PM

Excellent show, lightheaded enjoyable. The lead actors are a joy to watch. The music was unfamiliar but very tuneful.
Old May 21st, 2005, 07:00 PM

I have to tell you that today at Blockbuster we rented the film of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels as well as Monty Python Search for the Holy Grail in preparation for our upcoming tickets in New York for the musicals. We got home, put on the film of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" and were greeted by Clint Eastwood. I kid you not, it was Dirty Harry on DVD, but it had been put in the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels "box". I didn't even look at the label when I put it in the machine. Too unbelieveable. But we enjoyed watching Monty Python. Can't wait to go to Blockbuster tomorrow and show them our Dirty Harry DVD.
Old May 22nd, 2005, 06:56 AM

Patrick: Years ago we rented a G rated video (can't remember which one) from Blockbuster for our young kids and popped it in to discover it was Lolita!

Realtor: I agree with all the thumbs up on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I didn't think that much of the score, but thought Norbert Leo Butz was hilarious. John Lithgow was also very good. He played his part with a similar style used in his character role from Third Rock From the Sun.
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:03 AM

Patrick - Did you ever get to see the Dirty Rotten Scoundrel movie? Somehow I don't see Dirty Harry becoming a musical although stranger things have happened. LOL I will be interested in your impression of both Spamalot and DRS after you get back so be sure to give a report. I know you will be seeing lots of other shows, also. Have a great time.
Old May 24th, 2005, 10:25 AM

Patrick,

Years ago, I tried to rent Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels at the local video store (not Blockbuster) and ended up with Dangerous Liasons. Yes, it has dirty, rotten scoundrels in it, but it wasn't the movie I wanted.