Reload this Page >

Dining on Jekyll Island?

Search

Dining on Jekyll Island?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2001, 10:22 AM
MHS

Dining on Jekyll Island?

Are there any suggestions or favorites for lunch or dinner on Jekyll Island? On the mainland nearby would do too. Did a search and found nothing posted.

Thanks.

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 11:30 AM
MHS

Giving this one more try...it got "buried" very fast. Any suggestions??

Old Mar 13th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Amy

sorry to see your question go unanswered perhaps can be of some help. Went to Jekyll Island and rented home there for 10 days about 5 years ago. This was great as we had small children and it gave them room to roam. We usually had some meals at home grilling out. No restaurants with the exception of one stick out in my mind. Visit the luxury resort one night for an expensive but wonderful dinner. I believe it is called the Cloister but not positive. St. Simon's island is more developed and you have to cross it to get to Jekyll (you'll understand when you get there as there is fee to leave and return to Jekyll) On St. Simon's you'll find the usual chain resaurants and some fun boardwalk type places along the waterfront, sorry don't remember the names. The closest mainland nearby is New brunswick, very smal town not much other than mall and movie theater. For really good eats you will have to go to Savannah (less than 1 hour) or Jacksonville Fla (45 min) Hope you get some better help on here.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 06:19 PM
d.

Blackbeard's resturaunt is very nice and right on the beach. Open for lunch or dinner.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:51 PM
Bev

The Jekyll Island Club is a delight. Excellent food and a beautiful setting. Makes one feel like one of those old time millionaires that used to winter here. A bit pricey, but not as unbelievable as one might think, particularly at lunch.

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 07:27 PM
Harriett

Probably the best food on Jekyll is to be found at the Jekyll Island Club - main dining room and their porch (casual) dining place. Also try SeaJay's at the marina - nice sandwiches and low country boil. New restaurant in Brunswick - Cargo - is stunning, but might be wasted on young children. Many options - casual to fine dining - on St. Simons; a personal (casual) favorite is Gnat's Landing - great for kids - J Mac's for upper-end but excellent. For very casual on St. Simons, try the crab cake sandwiches at Sandcastle, near the pier. Email me if you need more info . . . we just moved from there to Pittsburgh a few months ago. Also in Brunswick, try Spanky's - the one near the causeway, NOT the one near the mall!

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 07:22 PM
tembody

we also like Blackbeard's. They are open for lunch or dinner. For both, go early so you can get a table with a wonderful view of the ocean.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Lynn

Jekyll is not known for it's food, but there are a couple of options. A family vacation takes me there for a week each year. Try the cafe at the Crane Cottage and 31 Latitude at the marina. They are both white tablecloth type restaurants. For a local flavor, eat at the Rah Bar, yes Rah as in "raw" oysters, shrimp and nice drinks, all on the water at the mariana. AVOID Zacharys, Blackbeards, and any of the chain hotel restaurants. Do what we do and carry your own breakfast and lunch food then venture out to St. Simons for a night on the town.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 02:17 PM
kat

Ditto on SeaJays @ the marina and the JI Club. Both are pretty good with nice ambiance (on the intercoastal waterway). Jekyll does not have alot to choose from but St. Simon's is a short drive and has more choices--casual to upscale. I ate at Barbara Jean's near the pier last fall and it was very good. The crab cakes were great!

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Postal

You don't have to go through St. Simons Island to get to Jekyll Island, by the way. The southernmost exit for Brunswick off I-95 takes you right to the Jekyll Island causeway.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Jim

We went to Jekyll Island for our honeymoon & have visted several times since. We went to a the Italian Fisherman that is located in one of the hotels, can't remember which. The food was very good & the wait staff excellent (they got the whole resturant to sing happy birthday to my wife!) Enjoy............